SR20 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone is running the Jim Wolf 50 shot and how they like it? I'm planning on running it in the spring.

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Be careful. NOS scares me.

------------------
Jordan
1998 Sentra SE -
Hotshot G3 Header, Hotshot CAI, JWT s4 Cams, Timing @ 19, KYB AGXs, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, MOMO Shifter, Nis-Knacks chrome projector headlights, 205/50/ Pirelli P700Z's

15.454 @ 88mph at Englishtown, NJ - stock cams

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Yeah, it should, cuz any SR20DE running NOS is going to blow yours out of the water!!!

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE TURBO

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha good one Ben.

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
NO! Not once I get done with my N/A motor (roughly 2 years
)

------------------
Jordan
1998 Sentra SE -
Hotshot G3 Header, Hotshot CAI, JWT s4 Cams, Timing @ 19, KYB AGXs, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, MOMO Shifter, Nis-Knacks chrome projector headlights, 205/50/ Pirelli P700Z's

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
haha, what are your plans storm?

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 97 Black SER:
haha, what are your plans storm?</font>
Well right now even without the JWT s4 cams installed the car runs real strong. 15.4 @ 88 with a CAI and Header in a slow ass 98 SE is pretty good
Once I get the cams installed I should pull high 14's.

But I do have alot planned, I am going to send my head to JWT possibly next summer for a port + polish, then get the pistons, springs, fuel injectors, the s3/s4 cam protocol ECU once it comes out. The UR 4 pulley set (yes the 4 set
)....and of course an exhaust eventually. But that I will do last because its alot of money for just a little power.

------------------
Jordan
1998 Sentra SE -

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool maybe I'll run into you at E town in the spring.

[This message has been edited by 97 Black SER (edited 12-20-2000).]

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Half a second with cams? No way. The cams would need to net your about ~50 wheel hp which is BS. The only mods that will get your 50 wheel hp is a turbo (like my car) or nitrous. Ok, maybe the Tornado too...

Oh, and can I get in on that bet too, on Jacen's side?

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE TURBO

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
NOS should scare you, if it does not, you will blow up your engine. you need to be careful with it and learn how to read plugs good. and my NOS engine will walk away from 99.99% of all 4 cylinder n/a engines.

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, NOS nitrous kit, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap not really worth mentioning

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jacen99SE:
Storm, I'd like to make a friendly bet. I bet the cams dont get you into the 14s. I bet you dont even hit 15.2. This assumes you are using the same tires at the same track and you are already a good driver.
Whaddya think??
Jason
</font>
I have different tires now. My 15.454 run was with balding 53,000 mile stock Goodyear RSA's. I have brand new Pirelli P700Z's now, which are alot better and stickier. I anticipate high 2.2 60's foots with the P's...as I pulled a 2.325 60' with the RSA's.

Also, don't forget, the cam upgrade in the 98-99's does more for this car than it does for the 91-93 SR20's and even the 94-97's. The 98-99 cams are the WORST cams. I forget where but I saw they made significantly less HP than even the 94-97's.

I feel very confident I can slice a 14.9 @ 90mph in my car with the s4 cams. Remember, these cams make an addition 6-8hp up top over the s3 cams, once again in my favor.

I'm not sure if I'm at the point to start betting with people I can do it, but I definately will be able to.

------------------
Jordan
1998 Sentra SE -

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ben98SentraSE:
Half a second with cams? No way. </font>
We'll see Ben, we'll see come this spring. I know I can at least hit a 15.1.

We'll see

------------------
Jordan
1998 Sentra SE -

·
Registered
858 Posts
chill Brian, shhhh! Relax man you got my $$$$$ very soon! Icksnay on the nickstrousay !:

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
sorry

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, NOS nitrous kit, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap not really worth mentioning

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Jordan,
I know do how much power the s3 and s4 cams make and I know how much the stock 99 cams suck. I've got 2 sets of 99 cams and a set of s3 cams. I drove my 99SE with stock cams, s3 cams, and now a different 99SE with stock cams.
Check out the dyno day results from Eric's homepage. (Eric, did you move those dyno charts??? I just looked and couldn't find them.
)

The reason I dont think you'll see a big improvement in the time slips is because you have the stock exhaust and the stock ecu. The stock exhaust just sucks in combo with the cams and the ecu is holding you back only because of the rev limiter. From the dyno day this summer, the stock cams seem to peak around 6000 rpm and my cams peaked about 6700 rpm. I am not saying the jwt cams dont make more power, I'm saying you cant use very much of it because of the stupid rev limiter.

The s4 cams aren't supposed to make significantly more peak HP, but they are supposed to make more HP than the s3 cams AFTER the power peak, which doesn't do you any good right now.

I needed to do more work on the ignition timing to try and find more power, but I never got around to it. Rob Cadle found more power by retarding the timing to the 13-15 degree range with the jwt cams. I wanted to try this on my low port but I didn't get to.

With a better launch (~2.25 60') I'll give you the 15.2. I dont know about 15.1 though. I still dont think there is any way you'll get into 14's.

·
RE-F/ING-TIRED:)
1,318 Posts
my prediction; you'll need the jwt ecu to hit 14's on street tires. you can't take full advantage of the cams with a lame ass 7.1k limiter.
with the jwt ecu and s4's you'll be well into the 14's.
good luck.

ric
97 se-r
[email protected]

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
True true, the stock ECU and stock exhaust suck. I am though reminded of my friend with a 96 200sx SE-R that ran a 14.7 with just a CAI, HS header, JWT S3 cams and a good launch.
So it IS possible.

I was more concerned about the ECU blocking my 14's goal rather than the exhaust. I really like the car in it's quiet form now.

------------------
Jordan
1998 Sentra SE -

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You should definately be able to get into the 14's with header, intake, ecu, exhaust, pulleys, and cams. Jay Hass ran 14.1 with those mods on street tires I believe.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts