SR20 Forum banner

Anyone Switch the Headunit and the HVAC controls

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  spEEdricer 
#1 · (Edited)
So I want to get one of those double din head units however in the B14 where the head unit goes is really lower and I'd rather have it at the top where the heater/AC controls are located. My question is has anyone swap the 2 before, and is it possible with minor customization? I mean even now I have a single din slide out screen head unit and it covers the controls so i'd like to swap that so they are underneath and more easy to get to. Not to mention have my screen higher so i'm not lowering my eyes further down when driving....

*Edit*
I see that there is some extra plastic on the right side of the HVAC controls that prevents it getting screwed in (which i'd have to use long screws since the brackets sit out pretty far) but looks like this is a no dice (without maybe sanding that plastic which I dont **** do)....oh well, anyone with a double din in a B14 ever find it a problem of how low it is? Maybe if I can find some unit that has a feature where the bottom part tilts out a little bit to angle the screen up

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.