SR20 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone using an S-AFC on a hot-wire MAF car (such as ours) please e-mail me? Mike, you were running this, right...? [email protected]

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
ya, there was a guy in town running one and put it on the dyno and got like 5-6 hp out of it....

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I'm not really looking for power out of it, I just have a quick question about one of the settings (Deceleration Air Flow Correction)... Anyone?

·
BOOSTIN PROTECH STYLE
1,397 Posts
David, that is for if your'e running an open blow off valve. Are you running an open BOV?

nsracer said:
Well, I'm not really looking for power out of it, I just have a quick question about one of the settings (Deceleration Air Flow Correction)... Anyone?

·
Enemy of the stupid
4,727 Posts
well

nsracer said:
We talked to a few people at APEXi and they told us ohh it dosen't work for the Hot wire, it works for the Karman type MAF. Welp I have a Karman an it don't work. It prob works but you have to get some real good tech support to make it work.

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry I didn't respond sooner guys (been outa town)... Anyway, the reason I wanted to setup the Dec. Air Flow Cor. was because when I let off the throttle on my car (such as when I'm coming to a stop), it likes to stumble and almost stall (sorta like if I was running an open BOV). I've double checked everything (checked for vacuum leaks, checked the IAC, and AAC valves, upped the idle a little) and nothing seems to work! So, since I had the S-AFC sitting there, I thought I might as well try it to see if it might work. Any suggestions....?

·
BOOSTIN PROTECH STYLE
1,397 Posts
If you still have the install manual for the AFC, Look up the presettings for each individual car, look for an sr20det then type in the DECEL Air function settings that are listed in the book. See if that works. let me know? What other engine management are you using besides the AFC?

nsracer said:
Sorry I didn't respond sooner guys (been outa town)... Anyway, the reason I wanted to setup the Dec. Air Flow Cor. was because when I let off the throttle on my car (such as when I'm coming to a stop), it likes to stumble and almost stall (sorta like if I was running an open BOV). I've double checked everything (checked for vacuum leaks, checked the IAC, and AAC valves, upped the idle a little) and nothing seems to work! So, since I had the S-AFC sitting there, I thought I might as well try it to see if it might work. Any suggestions....?

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
PSSSHHHGOESMYSR20 said:
If you still have the install manual for the AFC, Look up the presettings for each individual car, look for an sr20det then type in the DECEL Air function settings that are listed in the book. See if that works. let me know
Cool, I'll try that. Thanks Mike!

PSSSHHHGOESMYSR20 said:
What other engine management are you using besides the AFC?
:D :D Your favorite, bud. JWT ECU :D

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Try the HKS Super AFR...It's much easier to tune..and has more RPM tuning points

·
Guanaco Tuner
3,049 Posts
Are you recirculating or running an open BOV? if youre running open BOV,you make be leaking to much air at lower rpms. i found this to be VERY noticable with the stock det BOV. I tried this as an experiment. I have been running a !G BOV for over a year without problems.

Lawrence
92 se-r T
90 Talo Tsi

1 - 13 of 13 Posts