SR20 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey is there anymore weirdos out there with auto classics? Im not to happy with driving an automatic but I love the classic and it was a good deal. I do a lot of highway driving so it doesnt bother me that much but god would I love a 5 speed. But what Im wanting is more people with this rare car. I would like to have some numbers like gear ratios, fuel economy, tips, or any info you can provide.

Just trying to breath life back into this forum.

G

·
0 Posts
i own a classic...92,burgandy....very beat up ....looks like ****...rust n dents every where....but still runs strong.....5speed

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea I own one of the few auto classics. Its a 93 Aztec Red bone stock. I havent done anything to it yet but want to as soon as I get a job. Its got 136k on it right now and still running pretty strong. It has the 7250 redline but thats just cause its the auto. It has the little power/confort button that controls the shifts. In auto mode it trys to stay in comfort mode most of the time until you stomp it. Then she switches to power and will hold each gear until almost red line. Would like to get it go to red line but dont know how to do that. She shifts 2nd to 3rd at 69 when floored. I dont know about the rest of the gears tho. And not sure on the VLSD where is the tranny markings on a classic I never got around to seeing if it had the VLSD I would suspect not cause the G20 doesnt get one unless it was built for canada. What else would you like to know.

Oh Im going to try to make it to the national convention so everyone can see a stock classic with the auto.

·
Registered
146 Posts
if you want to reach redline just shift the automatic manually don't just leave it in drive...i had a '88 plymouth horizon that i used to drive like that it was a fun car when driven hard!

·
0 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by sr20:
if you want to reach redline just shift the automatic manually don't just leave it in drive...i had a '88 plymouth horizon that i used to drive like that it was a fun car when driven hard!</font>
I did that to my ex-girlfriends Reanault Alliance and that bad boy didnt last 1 week!!! Needless to say we never made it to our 3 month anniversary.

------------------
-

-

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well thats an old post.

Yes the auto's do have the VLSD, even tho i think mine is getting real tired with age. No pushing though the gears isnt the best thing on the tranny. Ive done it a few times for the fun of it tho. Found the revlimiter that way once. Auto is capable but everyone dogs it. I really dont care tho. Just gota change the fluid sometime soon.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I've never had a problem getting to redline in my NX's automatic. It seems strange you'd have to shift it manually, so to speak, to make it get there. If I floor it, it maxes to redline each gear. But then again my NX doesnt have the comfort/power button either, so maybe it was how the tranny was designed?

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Could be inaccuracy's in the tach's between the two cars. Who knows. Would look in the FSM but its way over there -----> and Im lazy right now

G

·
0 Posts
I drive a 94 classic 78k, aztec red automatic 100% stock near Chicago. Fun car to drive.May sell soon. If so I'll post here.

·
15642uner
1,681 Posts
i wasnt a member 4 years ago, but i do have a 93 auto se-r. as for the vlsd comment, im pretty sure they dont have it. cuz when i did my axles 2 days ago, i could see straight through with them both out. doesnt that mean no lsd? or am i mistaken?

and mine shifts at like 6800 rpms, no where near redline. however i shifted it manually once and took it like 7800. it didnt feel to good though, so im not gonna do it again.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts