SR20 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to purchase a A'pexi N-1 universal muffler for my '93 SE-R. Does anyone know how they sound? I am hoping fairly quiet and deep. I know A'pexi is a great company so that is why I chose them for a universal. If anyone knows how they sound that would be great. Also with the silencer.

Thanks, shea.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I have an Apex'i N1 exhaust. It actually is quite loud, but its a pretty mean sound. People used to tell me my car sounded like a jet engine! Then I got an AEBS header and now my car just sounds like crap. I've never used the silencer, but I've heard it cuts the noise down alot. Overall I'm happy with it though, it gave good power.

------------------

·
Turd Furgeson
3,935 Posts
Bird: those are loud. All the honduh guys use them. My friend jeffrey has one on his civic, and loves the sound. If thats your style that muffler has it in spades.

·
Registered
487 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bennitto Mallito:
Bird: those are loud. All the honduh guys use them. My friend jeffrey has one on his civic, and loves the sound. If thats your style that muffler has it in spades.</font>
The N1 on an SR20 carries a completely different sound than that of a Honda. Its alot deeper and not quite as loud. But it is loud compared to alot of mufflers out there because it is a straight through design. Its not bad driving around at all, but once you slam on the gas the car just starts screaming!

------------------

·
Stuck on an island
1,284 Posts
I have a universal 3A Racing muffler with a Bonzi resonated tip and its loud every one tells me that they can hear my NX from a few blocks away.

------------------

92 NX2000, kyb agx, intrax springs, jwt pop,
3a Racing muffler with bonzi tip,
17 " mille miglia mm 112, Yokoham avid h4

·
Registered
440 Posts
today i heard a Volvo 850 R with an Apex i N1 universal muffler, with the silencer on it you could barely hear the thing! I would say go for it, just be sure to get the silencer for those days when you already have a headache. later

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What should I get. I am not too worried about power. exhausts do jot make that much of a diference unless you have FI.

Ok here is the other factors. I have no cat and I have stillen headers. Cats are too expensive so I am probably gonna keep it that way for a while.

I am basically just looking for a nice, deep, quiet universal muffler. Good quality though.

·
Registered
487 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sheabird:
What should I get. I am not too worried about power. exhausts do not make that much of a diference unless you have FI.

Ok here is the other factors. I have no cat and I have stillen headers. Cats are too expensive so I am probably gonna keep it that way for a while.
</font>
Actually, I disagree. I got an exhaust before any other mods and I did notice a good power gain when I put it on. I've never removed my cat though, since they say it doesn't give any power to remove it.

------------------

1 - 11 of 11 Posts