SR20 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for a new exhaust for my SE-R. Im thinking im going custom 2.25 piping with a good muffler and resonator. I see sometimes knock-offs are made fairly well and offer a good product for the price. i.e. rota, ss header, etc.

I saw an exhaust muffler on ebay for a little over 50 with shipping. It was the HKS style with titanium tip. Says its 2.25 inlet with 4 inch out.. so sounds like ti would work fine.

·
Coropate greed hater
4,044 Posts
I bought a knock-off Autozone muffler. That thing didn't even last me two months before taking a crap on me. Shoddy workmanship is a big problem with these cheapo mufflers. I'd advise you to go for Magnaflow at the minimum if you're looking to get a cheap muffler.

·
GT30R'd Up
1,813 Posts
C'mon guys, "Flow is Flow" is my favorite personal quote. If it flows, its doing its job but if sound is a factor spring for a more resonating muffler.

Allan

·
Registered
2 Posts
i just did my exhaust all over with 2.5 tubing high flow magnaflow cat and a really nice dual tip ansa muffler it sounds excellent! and it only ran me 340$

·
Whut?That Ain't No Hondah
2,558 Posts
hop on summitracing.com.... I grab'd a dynomax turbo muffler 3" (if you're N/A get 2.5" I guess) and a dynomax bullet race muffler (ie. resonator) I think you could get both for ~$70

On my NX, I got the dynomax turbo muffler w/ an offset inlet and center outlet, and gave me an awesome fit. With the offset inlet, its one less tight bend you gotta have right before the muffler. Sounds pretty good too.

·
BAD FKR
352 Posts
nizzan4u2nv said:
Dynomax and magnaflow are 2 of my top choices.
They are the same company. However, those would be my top choices also, if you did not want to spend to much money. Other than that, you get what you paid for.

·
Whut?That Ain't No Hondah
2,558 Posts
thrush glasspacks are nice, but they wear out after about 2 months. I put two on my Z, for the first month the car was DEAD QUIET. After 2 months, they started fading, and now the car just drones all the time...eehh..thats why I went w/ the dynomax bullet race muffler instead of the thrush glasspacks on my NX

1 - 10 of 10 Posts