SR20 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious, I have an exhaust leak at the flex pipe so I may as well upgrade.:p

Also how much more power does the latest generation yield?

·
70/30 Racing
2,372 Posts
We should definitley look into starting one up! How many people would be interested?

·
70/30 Racing
2,372 Posts
Let me see what I can do. I'll try to see what kind of prices HOT SHOT can give us, and if not I'll see what Mike from Motivational Engineering can do. What are those headers normally running? I'll go ahead and ask if they could do a group deal on a header+CAI combo. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On Hotshot's web site the headerv is listed for $450. I remeber seeing people getting for just under $400 though.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I know a month or two ago b15sentra.net had a group buy going on for the 4th gen hotshot headers and they ended up hooking them up for like 375 bucks or something like that...thats a good deal...but, for that price i still think ill go with the pacesetter. :D

·
Registered
484 Posts
you guys might want to check into the OBX header before you do that.
they are a 4-2-1 design, and are cheaper. they say they are availible for the 00sx, but i dont see why they wouldnt fit the classics or NX's either.

Alex

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
True, but does anyone on the board have them?? What is the quality like and what kinda gains can be expected?? If these questions can be ansewred, then the obx might be a better solution then the pacesetter.

·
Registered
729 Posts
NismoNx2000 said:
True, but does anyone on the board have them?? What is the quality like and what kinda gains can be expected?? If these questions can be ansewred, then the obx might be a better solution then the pacesetter.
Does anyone know if the OBX or the pacesetter headers will fit the B15's????Cause if they will also fit then I can post it at B15sentra.net and I'm sure people there will join in on the group buy........

·
91 SE-R
228 Posts
I'm a likely candidate to join a group buy for a 4th gen Hot Shot header buy. If we can get under $400 delivered is good - I know where it's $450 delivered in quantities of one.
Dan 91 SE-R

·
Boost Junkie...
1,089 Posts
I got my Hotshot Header about 1 month ago i think its the forth gen for 350 not shipped. :D it is nice.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Thats the thing... i think the pacesetters WILL fit cuz its the SR20 engine... the only thing is the Cat cuz its a close cat...

But if thats the case the Pacesetters are at jcwhitney for 140 bucks!!!! thats a steal... they will rust and turn colors... but u can always paint em urself for protection... PLUS they have good power at least for Matt they did great for him! and i mean GREAT

i'm in it with you sentrastylin

·
Registered
729 Posts
Mad Sentra said:
Thats the thing... i think the pacesetters WILL fit cuz its the SR20 engine... the only thing is the Cat cuz its a close cat...

But if thats the case the Pacesetters are at jcwhitney for 140 bucks!!!! thats a steal... they will rust and turn colors... but u can always paint em urself for protection... PLUS they have good power at least for Matt they did great for him! and i mean GREAT

i'm in it with you sentrastylin
Yeah I'm gonna look into this alot further......cause I look at it this way,,,if they do fit the B15's SR20DE's then people could buy the Pacesetter Header for $140 bucks and ship it out to this company(which I can't remember the name) and get it hotcoated/jetcoated which ever the name is for about $100 bucks and this way the header will last fora long time,,,,so now you'll have a header for roughly around $240 bucks that performs pretty well....

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The pace setter header is basically the 1st Gen Hotshot header which has problems with cracking. If I'm wrong by all means correct me. But on antoher spectrum, it the pace setter one fits the B15 then the hotshot, OBX, AEBS, etc would fit to. In my opinion you usually get what you pay for. and sometimes its worth shelling out a little extra for the quality and peace of mind.

Just my $.02

·
Baby Blue VVL
3,202 Posts
If you look under group deals in www.b15sentra.net/vbb you will see that the hotshot headers may be had for under $400 they are trying to get it together again.

If you want the G4 then i encourage you to post there
I know i am
O

·
70/30 Racing
2,372 Posts
Have you talked to the guy from 6th gear? Can we still get the headers for that price? The reason I ask is because all those people already got their headers.

·
Boost Junkie...
1,089 Posts
i got my header for 350 from here in tucson form a place called Apex R motorsports you can fins a link to them on se-r.net under vendors. it was like 400 after shipping and all...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts