SR20 Forum banner

areomovtive fuel pump

380 views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Rockwood 
#1 ·
is any body running the a1000? i was wondring if i have to run a fuel cell or can i use this pump inline with my 255 walbro intake pump too

#2 ·
Be careful with the Aeromotive pumps. They are great for racing however they tend to get guite hot around the armature.
For street use the pumps have been known to fail from excessive armature heat.
You should invest in the Voltage controller from Aeromotive to keep the pump happy (keeps the temps down by controlling voltage and therfore amperage). Additionally always keep at least a half tank of fuel so that the return from the rail does not heat the fuel tank volume unduely.
You do not need a Cell, but you do need to ensure the pump is gravity fed through a good filter.

#3 ·
Yeah, I have found that a really nice pump for Low buck and good performance is the MSD brand external pump. You can get them at Summit for cheap and they are the same units that venom and jackson rebadge and sell for a couple hundred. Also, they can be doubled up and flow a ton of fuel.

Brent

#8 ·
Be mindful that one pump feeding the other will result in the output pressure being the sum of the two, but NOT the flow.
If the total pressure is more than the relief valve setting on the final pump then the system will begin an internal bypass.
The feeding pump should only be a low pressure/high volume pump to get fuel from the tank, so that the main pump does not have to develop a suction head.

#9 ·
the point of running 2 tanks is c-16 in the 3 gallon fuel cell (with the bigger fuel pump )for high boost and 100 octane in tank with the 255 wellbro. I can switch over and run c116 with out running all the time

#11 ·
muleman said:
the point of running 2 tanks is c-16 in the 3 gallon fuel cell (with the bigger fuel pump )for high boost and 100 octane in tank with the 255 wellbro. I can switch over and run c116 with out running all the time
That's what I want to do once I get the SE-R running with the built motor. This way, I can cruise on the "cheap stuff" and burn up the tires whenever I want by flipping two switches (boost controller and fuel pump). Maybe I will dual map the ECU as well...

Damned cars.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.