SR20 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I swear everytime on the list when ever I mention something about the automatic i get tons of email. Usualy stuff like, it doesnt exist or it doesnt have a VLSD or it sucks. God people just spout off **** not knowing the acutual facts. I think im going to go get me a camera next week and take tons of pics to scan in. Stuff like the buldge of the tranny case for the VLSD. Now I just gota figure out a way to get under the car since I dont have a floor jack yet. May go buy one today. But Im going to offer ANYONE a drive if they want it at ANYTIME im tired of this ****. Hell I will drive anywhere. Yes this thing isnt as fast as a 5speed. but its not slow, the 2 times Ive floored it from a redlight with Josh's Type R beside me I never loose more than to his rear bumper to 60, after that his top end kills me. And thats the extent of my road racing, stupid me tho.

------------------
Thats my opinion and I could be wrong

93 classic
Aztec Red, Automatic, POP, STB, OEC battery tie down, AD22VF's, Pirelli P4000's

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
Well, my friend's father had an automatic NX2000. It's not that hard to believe (for me anyway) they made an automatic SE-R.

Matt
92 SE-R with squeeks

·
Registered
466 Posts
They made an auto SE-R?????? I didn't know that. Why would they(Nissan) torture that poor car by putting a slush box in it.

[This message has been edited by NoVTECSER (edited 03-08-2001).]

G

·
Because it's necessary if you live here in the hills of San Francisco

As we're on the topic, I'm wondering how hard it is to replace the filter or "screen" as Courtesy Nissan calls it, on my '93 AUTOMATIC SE-R? ANybody fiddled with this yet? -Danny

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you ask that question on the list DB7? If so give it a day, cause my email is fooked up and taking forever to get any place. I replied to it with a lengthy email. I may post it up here later, got a test here in less than an hour, gota walk across campus

·
Seeing red
2,084 Posts
I heard from some guy named Devin or something that SE-Rs with automatics suck and don't have VLSD.

What's the deal with that?

I'm glad I have a manual SE-R, or else I wouldn't get anywhere near ITRs, at least to 60 mph.

·
G-unit
1,132 Posts
Originally posted by Bowlcut:
I swear everytime on the list when ever I mention something about the automatic i get tons of email. Usualy stuff like, it doesnt exist or it doesnt have a VLSD or it sucks.
It does suck!!!! hehehehe

·
8300RPM sure is fun
1,234 Posts
they don't suck. if anything it'd be a great find for a person, automatics aren't all that common.

in fact, that nx2000 with the turbocharged sr20ve (the ONLY one in the us that's turbocharged, let alone the few who actually have the engine) has an automatic.

i don't see anything real wrong with them, most of the time at least.

------------------
feature your se-r or other car on my site!
http://www.geocities.com/myfastser/

·
Drive it like ya stole it
6,928 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Monsoon:
they don't suck. if anything it'd be a great find for a person, automatics aren't all that common.

in fact, that nx2000 with the turbocharged sr20ve (the ONLY one in the us that's turbocharged, let alone the few who actually have the engine) has an automatic.

i don't see anything real wrong with them, most of the time at least.

</font>

They sold a turbo-charged NX2000 in the US??!? I didn't know that...can anyone verify this?

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Ha, I know there are automatics. Kevin I saw your car in person at the convention! Godamn.

------------------
-Nuke the bastards-

Stormy
'98 SE(R) w/ HS CAI, HS G3 Header, Custom 2.25" Exhaust, JWT S4 Cams, UR Pulleys, KYB AGX's, Eibach Spings, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, ES control arm bushings & shifter bushing (NI), Brembo X-Drilled Rotors w/ Axxis MM Pads, 205/50 Pirelli P700z's

www.WhiteLineRacing.com

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
LOL Jordan....and damn thats an old post.... back in the day when we were trying to get more people to post....now what the hell happened

G

·
It got to back life. 0_o

I, personally, don't think autos are all that bad...even in the moding/racing scene. If we completely discounted them for moding, then why do we still have mods for the auto tranny itself? Yea, it's a slush box, but there are mods that make them less slushy.

[This message has been edited by nad_masters (edited 09-17-2001).]

·
Of Topic Count: 11,684
1,168 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nad_masters:
They sold a auto nx in us??</font>
lol, back in like april of 2001 i think Mike Kojima did the article on the turbo NX that had the vl engine in it. if oyu saw that car youd prolly picc your pants, its just sweet auto or not id still trade it for my se-r! (id prolly keep my tranny though
) but i would still drive it around town with an auto in it, cause FO SHOW it would kick some mustang and Si ass!

2: about the auto SE-R
i wouldnt want one but just to verify things they do exist at my school last year a girl named Moe FOley (hot) had a auto classic i think it was a 93 or 94, then she wrecked it and got a auto 200sx se-r, go figure lol, as far as the LSD goes, im not sure but if he says it has one im pretty sure it does!

------------------
- Dennis
http://www.geocities.com/sr20deswap/
-91 Classic w/ Priemra Swap
Aim: avurX

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well I have an auto classic...it has a vlsd in it...i have the fsm, it shows the vlsd. Its not that bad of a car...and like ive said if anyone wants to drive it, just ask.

·
Team Tool
2,514 Posts
My friend has an auto Del Sol and every time i talk **** he says, "Well i'll never miss a shift." And his 1/4 mile times are pretty consistant.
Dont listen to them, its all about the fun!

------------------
Russ Knezic
Place Racing CAI,JWT S4 cams and JWT ECU with S4 program, hotshot gen3 header, greddy SP exhaust, KYB AGX's and Ground Controls, Konig Traffiks with Nitto NT555's

Turbo soon!
N/A is not enough

1 - 17 of 17 Posts