SR20 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
now on the West side!
3,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just out of curiousity....i was wondering what everybody used to clean their interiors? I've used Armor All extremely sparingly for years, but have never been completely satisfied with it. i know i'm not the only one who thinks that, especially how it makes the dash pick up more lint and dust--and not to mention the cheapie GM-like plasticky shine it gives. (yes, i realize there is the non-glossy Armor all, but it still attracts dust).

i was checking out this thread from the subaru forums...: [url="http://www.i-club.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=39053&referrerid=5756"]www.i-club.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=39053&referrerid=5756 has anybody tried these other products? had similar problems with Armor All degrading dashboards? any other recommendations? i think i'm gonna have to throw away that bottle of armor all and try something else. ------------------ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 1991 Sentra SE-R Cone intake, NismoBorla Exhaust, 19* timing, Crane Cam FireWire (8.5mm), 2 12" Kicker Competitions [This message has been edited by NismoSER (edited 09-23-2001).]

·
Registered
222 Posts
I think Armor All sucks the big one. I use Son of A Gun. I like it better but you still get that cheap shine on the dash. If there is something that protects, yet makes the dash not shine, but look "healthy", I would like to know what it is.
WhiteSER, how does that stuff from Lexol make the dash look? Where can you buy it?

-jason

·
Registered
513 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by WhiteSER:
Vinylex by Lexol. This is the best you can buy!</font>
I have to agree. I've been using this stuff for a few months because my roommate recommended it to my highly. It gives it a natural looking, long lastning shine, it doesn't look cheap, and attracts virtually no dust. Those are my biggest complaints with the cheaper stuff, they make it way to shiny and attract tons of dust, it's counterproductive!

------------------
Kevin
93 Ruby Pearl Classic
w/ advanced timing & Stillen POP

·
Registered
756 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jayac:
WhiteSER, how does that stuff from Lexol make the dash look? Where can you buy it?

-jason
</font>
It looks great. It only gets really shiny and greasy if you use too much. You're supposed to use very little according to the bottle. I got it at Pep Boys. Any major chain should have it.

·
_______
2,170 Posts
I use Murphy's Oil Soap, undilluted on a cloth or sponge. It's vegetable oil-based, so it lubricates the surfaces, but doesn't make them shiny.

It's supercheap, too. Only $2.99 CDN for a huge bottle.

·
Registered
125 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NismoSER:
just out of curiousity....i was wondering what everybody used to clean their interiors?</font>
Uh, we're supposed to clean 'em?

My wife was putting on makeup in her 200, something (paint?) flaked off the tube and got imbedded in the steering wheel's leather, been there ever since. Nothing seems to remove it, including Lexol.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
True, armor all does give off a cheap shine, and it collects dust worse then if it were never used...its some nasty stuff.

------------------

1992 NX2000
White
K&N Cone intake, advanced timing 17* Bosal Performance
muffler and 2.25" cat back

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
i use meguiar's vinyl and rubber protectant. it's a bit more than Armor A$$ and Son of a (drippy) Gun, but works like a champ. after the first application, i use very little to keep the shine, therefore it ain't greasy.

------------------
stiletto

99 Sentra SEL platinum gold w/ HS headers and CAI, custom b-pipe, arospeed exhaust, magnecor 8.5mm wires, eibach pro-kit, courtesy nissan frt and rear STB, smc short shifter, greddy knob, jwt clutch, k&n crankcase breather, 17 deg. timing, EL indiglo HVAC, clear corners and taillights and not a single stock bulb.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I work at a detail shop and they won't let us use armor all. It eats the finish. we use nothing but Black Magic. that stuff is great.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts