SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup guys, I'm going to be getting a t3/t04b. I was wondering if you guys would know more or less around when the turbo will start coming into boost. I was hoping for the boost to start kicking at around 3000rpms. What do you guys think?

------------------
k&n filter,g3 hs headers, no cat,greddy,fpr,jwt motormounts,54mmAFM,stage3 clutch,jwt flywheel,jwt s3 cams,aerospeed springs,konig tuners, 15.1 @ 91.6, no LSD

·
sleeper
5,445 Posts
check in the mailing list archives.... I think they said if you have a ball bearing center section it comes on a bit after 3k and if you have regular journal bearings, then around 3.5-3.8k.

------------------
'96 SE-R.... a few tweaks here and there :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Danny,
Before I went with my DET my turbo would spool at around 3.5-3.8k RPM on the NA motor like they said. With the DET the lag was a bit more, however that was with a small exhaust. If you go with a three inch exhaust and since you are high compression you will should spool early. Actualy you will hear it spooling real early but you will feel the boost hard around 3.5K, unless you go ballbearing $$$. I'm sure you'll be happy with what your doing now.

Rob

[This message has been edited by Rom7eo (edited 05-29-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Rom7eo (edited 05-29-2001).]

·
Registered
62 Posts
If you want it to come in earlier just go smaller on the exhaust A/R, you trade off top end but it will spool earlier. FWIW the newer GT style wheels and housings make much more difference to spool up than does bb centres. You'll also find that a decent size GT25 turbine will comfortably flow as much, and more depending on size, than the older style T3. Other things such as better engine management will bring boost on earlier. The sort of thing we look for now is to develop full boost by 3000-3500 and have a top end of around 400hp on an engine with 8.5 compression.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts