SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got off the phone with Mike Saiki. He's gotten just eight orders for the rear STB for the NX. So he'll just make the ones that were ordered and that's it.
Oh well. :(

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
$140.00
Maybe. But it'll be a custm one. And it would cost more. If Mike decided to do it.
Contrary to what some people might think, he's not making a ton of money. and he's rather disapointed with the slow sales of his Nissan performance parts.
If I were him I would either make parts for Hona's or Ford Focii.

·
Registered
72 Posts
so can I still get one of these or no

I wanted one but didn't have the money at the time. I do now. are they real nice? they looked like it :cool:

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You need to contact Mike Saiki ASAP! He's having the jigs for the end plates made up this week and then he'll be making the STBs.
After those STBs that are paid for are made, that's it!

·
Registered
72 Posts
I e-mailed him. how much were these including shipping? do you have one, or getting one?

I was just wondering if they are good?

thanks
Matt

·
Registered
484 Posts
yea, i just e-mailed him to. hope he gets it. has anyone that has written him today gotten a response back yet?

Alex
'93 NX2k

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
how much were these including shipping? do you have one, or getting one?
$140.00 The shipping cost will depend on how far it has to be shipped.
And I have the proto-type.

I was just wondering if they are good?
The Motivational rear STB works quite well. I've noticed that the rear has a more solid feel to it, and the car will turn in quicker.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
put my order in...

Well I figured since this looks like a one-time shot I might as well get one. I can't really afford it and I probably won't even use it but I wanted to help out the Nissan effort. Unfortunately, I was talking to Mike and he's really struggling, said there hasn't been any new orders in six weeks and he's close to going out of business. Things are tough all over..

·
Registered
484 Posts
that sucks. i dont want any SE-R related business to go under. i still havnt herd frrom him about my order. maybe he was to busy talking to you on e-mail :)

Alex

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
NXTremeSE-R said:
that sucks. i dont want any SE-R related business to go under. i still havnt herd frrom him about my order. maybe he was to busy talking to you on e-mail :)

Alex
Nah, I called him up on the phone. He said he's going down to the shop today to start things up. He told me 3 weeks I think until they'd be ready to ship. I didn't really listen as I am in no hurry. I did try to offer him the whole payment up front but he didn't want to do that. So I would guess you'd hear from him in a few weeks if you already gave him a deposit. If you haven't I'd call him up and get on the list. You can find his number on the website

·
En mi barrio..
1,588 Posts
DAmn!!!

That sucks! I really wanted to get one, but I still don't have a NX2000 yet and my pops just sold his!!! I don't wanna buy it and then, I don't ever get a NX. I'm sure if the word gets out for a few more months that more people will be buying the parts. The se-r community works off of word of the mouth, so that takes awhile.

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
hasnt gotten any orders in 6 weeks huh?

didn't the twin towers fall 6 weeks ago..?

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was talking to Mike and he's really struggling, said there hasn't been any new orders in six weeks and he's close to going out of business.
That's true. Everybody thinks he's making money hand over fist. Nothing could be further from the truth.
I like Nissan's. I have been a Nissan fanatic for over fifteen years. But if I were in the import car aftermarket business, I would be concentrating on the Honda and Ford market. Flame me if you want, but that's just the way it is.
I think for aftermarket to really pick up, Nissan would have to really get behind their cars and really push for aftermarket developement.

hasnt gotten any orders in 6 weeks huh?
didn't the twin towers fall 6 weeks ago..?
I don't think that had anything to do with it. I remember Mike Kojima posted to the main list asking people to support Motivational Engineering as Mike Saiki was having trouble selling his coil-overs. And that was several months ago.

·
Registered
484 Posts
ok, i just recently talked to mike. i think he was just about to go to talk to the machinist, so im glad i got in contact with him.
it was a $70 deposit, and he said that he was hoping to get everything out by turkey day.

Alex

·
Registered
162 Posts
wow only 8 orders

talk about embarassing

did every NXr with F'n beer money ($150) blow it on chrome muffler tips and air fresheners?

you ever ask the question - Why are the rags loaded w/adds for aftermarket crap for Toyotas Mitsus, Subies, and Hondas but nada for non-Z Nissans?

Now you know the answer.

Enjoy the stickers.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
wow only 8 orders
Remember guys,MOTIVATION ENGINEERING is the ONLY company making rear STBs for the NX! NO ONE else does! Not even the "Riceboy" companies!

talk about embarassing
Really! :mad:

you ever ask the question - Why are the rags loaded w/adds for aftermarket crap for Toyotas Mitsus, Subies, and Hondas but nada for non-Z Nissans?
Just yesterday, I was looking through the online TRD catalog, would you believe they have performance parts for the Corolla?!
The econo-car! And TRD ain't cheap!
Now how much stuff do you find in the Nissan Motorsports catalog specificly for the NX?

·
Registered
521 Posts
I want one but

I have emailed them on three seperate occassoins and no reply, I really would like one and have the money on hand so if someone could tell him to contact me at [email protected] it would be much appreciated, Thank guys Jason

1 - 20 of 35 Posts