SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey sup all...I was on my way home tonite and i ran into these three guys. I always see em out on Friday nights where our car club meets. They rev at me and everything, etc...I race em all and beat em all. A 240, Maxima, and Civic. Anyways, shortly after i race, i guess like 5min. I hear like some type of air, backpressure, exhaust noise. It seem as if i knocked something loose. Its comin from the front of the car too. I think my exhaust or header of some sort came loose. Im not too too worried, cause i didnt lose performance. So its not too bad. But give me your opinion on what it coiuld it be.

------------------
Enjoy the ride...

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Do you have an aftermarket header? It could be your primary disconnected from the secondary. The nuts tend to fall off sometimes unless you get locking threads.

------------------
Stormy
'98 SE w/ HS CAI, HS G3 Header, Custom 2.25" Exhaust, JWT S4 Cams, UR Pulleys, KYB AGX's, Eibach Spings, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, ES control arm bushings & shifter bushing (NI), Brembo X-Drilled Rotors w/ Axxis MM Pads, 205/50 Pirelli's, Nis-Knacks goodies....in need of a JWT ECU

www.WhiteLineRacing.com

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No I dont have any aftermarket headers...Thats the weird thing. I think the stock bolts came loose some how. Im gonna try to get under there today. But yea no aftermarket headers.

·
Registered
596 Posts
What exactly does the air noise sound like?

I had a leak where my flex pipe was not properly bolted on to the catalytic converter and it sounded like I had some 5" tip fart can. It was kind of deep and buzzy.

Now, I have another exhaust leak somewhere between the exhaust manifold and the catalytic converter, and it sounds like a baseball card stuck in bicycle spokes. Almost like a machine gun exhaust.

Also, listen to your intake. Mine got louder for some reason at some point, so you can really hear the intake of air. It's like a whooosh sort of sound.

Hope this helps. Good luck figuring it out, Chuck. I never got to hear the story of why you're called Chuck. Maybe another time.

Tommy

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey whats goin on Tommy? Yea actually it sounds like the deep buzzy sound. But im guessing something stock vibrated loose or came loose some how. But its very very annoying and sounds like total ass. As if I had a 5" downpipe and no cats and no exhaust, which is what im assuming yours sounded like. Thanks man...I think im gonna tighten it all up Thursday or Friday and hopefully nothing broken or what not. Thanks

------------------
Enjoy the ride...

G

·
Join the CLUB!!
I got a Tiger Patch to fix mine.
Just go to a auto store and pick up some of that fiberglass strap stuff in the exhaust section. Or get sokme JB Weld and plug it up.
My pipe actually broke in two freom rust and now I have fiberglass straps and steels straps holding it together till I can save up for the HS G4.

------------------
-3x CRX owner
-SE-R mods: "Home Depot" intake
-

1 - 7 of 7 Posts