SR20 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if the guy I met with the black '93 NX2k is on these boards.

You stopped me today in my white NX2k when I was ready to stage on the autocross track.

Just wanted to say what's up and see if you were on these boards..

------------------
1991 NX2000
1998 200SX SE-R
nnnyeah.com

·
Egg Lover
451 Posts
Hey Jerome, I wasn't there at the auto-cross. I met you at the Nissan picnic we had in Chicago in July. How's the NX working out for you?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey what's up Keith. The NX is doing real well. Almost on its way to 130k. Saving up some cash for some more mods, hopefully to run at the track again soon.

How's yours coming along?

------------------
1991 NX2000
1998 200SX SE-R
nnnyeah.com

[This message has been edited by Jerome (edited 10-01-2001).]

·
P10 Geek
1,565 Posts
Jerome

Another Fuel Injector went bad? That SUX! Hey, are you doing the injectors yourself or having a dealer do them. You should be able to get them at NAPA for like $39 a piece. Easy to install. Are they (NAPA) in Chicago?

They are remanufactured or rebuilt. Something like that. But, to pay $200 or so for an injector? OUCH! You could probably buy 4 for that.

Email me if you want to regarding NAPA. I can look into it a little more. It'll save you some cash for future mods.

------------------
Brandon
'96 G20 ($tillen/K&N intake, '91 intake cam, 17 degrees, custom 2.25" Borla cat-back exhaust)

[This message has been edited by NismoPC (edited 10-01-2001).]

·
Registered
679 Posts
Hey guys whats up, i live near milwaukee and own a nx myself

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NismoPC:
Another Fuel Injector went bad? That SUX! Hey, are you doing the injectors yourself or having a dealer do them. You should be able to get them at NAPA for like $39 a piece. Easy to install. Are they (NAPA) in Chicago?</font>
Yep. #3 went sour. When #2 went out I did it myself, and when #3 went out, I was out of the way from my house and my friend who works at Nissan just drove it there and replaced it. I paid $70 for a brand new injector. (got it $50 cheaper because my friend works @ the dealership)

I would have just taken all the injectors and got them cleaned at RC Engineering but I had to auto-x the day after and I couldn't wait.

Last time I checked NAPA they were charging $120 for a new one. I don't think they had any refurbished ones. And even if they did, I don't think $39 would be the price. Or at least I've never found one for that cheap!

If you do, let me know, so that if another goes, I know where to go.

Thanks Brandon!

------------------
1991 NX2000
1998 200SX SE-R
nnnyeah.com

[This message has been edited by Jerome (edited 10-01-2001).]

·
Egg Lover
451 Posts
Jerome, I am growing quite fond of my NX. Replacing the motor mounts made it ride like a different car. I have done little tweaks like the timing and the throtle cable adjustment. I have a K&N air filter coming later in the week. It's still not my old Camaro, but it getting there. Plus I can drive it in the winter!

·
love the Florida sun!!
1,906 Posts
keithert said:
Hey Jerome, I wasn't there at the auto-cross. I met you at the Nissan picnic we had in Chicago in July. How's the NX working out for you?
Hey keithart, what part of elgin? i live in the dundee area, have you noticed a white classic driving around somewhere around the elgin area, i saw one on thursday, sept 19th on dundee and kimball, it was pretty quick just wondering if you seen it around........

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Not being an ass but you should PM him to ask stuff like that instead of finding a thread almost a year old.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
679 Posts
lol, i was gonna respond to this thread because i was gonna goto the auto x last sunday and then i saw that i had already responded to this thread, damn this is a old thread

·
love the Florida sun!!
1,906 Posts
AaroNX said:
Not being an ass but you should PM him to ask stuff like that instead of finding a thread almost a year old.:rolleyes:
um did you even read what i asked?? it has nothing to do with the thread and why is it that important anyway??

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Waste of bandwidth! :mad:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts