SR20 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why on earth did the audio engineers put this underpowered crap sounding radio in a car with t-tops? And why are the rear speakers mounted on open air plates? What a poor design. I think I had the car two days before I yanked all the factory sound components. By the way, if anyone wants any tips on bang for the buck audio, I have some decent tips and how to's. Has anyone seen mods for the back speaker mounts? Just curious.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yeah those mounts are a shocker! I just put 6.5"cones for rear fill in there( watch coz quite shallow depth is required - especially to keep factory trim plates). Cut the plastic "cross" inside the circle out if, like me, you use a 2 or 3 way sp. The smaller tweeter can protrude - real stealth when your use the grille coz no one thinks of looking there for speakers. Then just fill the space around with expanding foam - holds everthing tight. Watch not to use to much - that stuff grows like 3 times in size - can cut back any excess when semi dry and rubberize the grille mount to stop vibration. They put your bass in the boot!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.