SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a 1996 Autech Serie Pulsar. It's got the Highport SR20DE, which should be running 175PS.

At the moment after dyno runs it's 135bhp (flywheel). The car starts/runs fine, but 40bhp has gone missing. I have no knocks/taps from the engine.

It's not showing any codes and the knock sensor is fine/been changed with no benifit.

Where's the 40bhp gone?!?!?!? :confused:

Anyone?

·
Nissan > All
506 Posts
How many miles are on it? That might be normal.

To be sure, get a compression test, make sure all cylinders dont have any leaks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
42k miles (68k km's)

Will get the test done as I might aswell rule that out.

Anything else it might be?

·
Registered
28 Posts
how do you know you got a Autech sr20de btw? ...i know alot of people getting tricked into buying normal sr20de's but paying an Autech price

·
Nissan > All
506 Posts
how do you know you got a Autech sr20de btw? ...i know alot of people getting tricked into buying normal sr20de's but paying an Autech price
That would explain it since normal sr20des would be more around 135.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Hey dude sorry i can't help your problem but since you have an autech its a good source of info. Any chance you can source the part number for the pistons used in this engine, and the cams as well. Actually the header would be a nice part number to have as well.

Block number and head number would also be interesting info. Ohhhh and if you can source the ecu number it would be useful info. The ecu info would be a great addition to the calum ecu as it would be a nice base map setup for 11:1 compression setups.

Oh and i agree with the compression check. That should be your first step. Also a leakdown test would be a good idea. If you can get your hands on consult software it would be a great diagnostic tool to work with. It would show what is going on with the motor.

If somehow you can look down into the engine and look at the pistons you could determine that you do have an autech motor. Previous owner could have blown it and put in a regular de or just a 10:1 motor. Were Autech pulsars sold in the UK?
Or are they JDM imports?

Engines are easy. Fuel, Air, and Spark. Start from there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts