SR20 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
well if thats true than I'm wondering why I took my starter out of my 5 speed classic and put it into my automatic NX... *and it works*

Mike

·
Dreamin' of VVL
791 Posts
SupaBlackNX2k said:
well if thats true than I'm wondering why I took my starter out of my 5 speed classic and put it into my automatic NX... *and it works*

Mike
Well, I stand corrected then. I just did an automatic to manual transmission swap on my GA16DE and they were indeed totally different. Then I checked my Nissan parts CD and they lists 2 different part numbers for the SR20 equipped cars whether it was manual or automatic, so I "assumed" they would not swap. Not sure what the difference is, but obviously your first hand experience proved it would work. Sorry for the misinformation. :redface:

·
shift_boost
1,949 Posts
they are the same in b14s i did a auto to man swap

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
In the B14, they have the same part number for both transmissions.

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ooo, sweet nectar! thanks for the info guys!

·
Coropate greed hater
4,044 Posts
The only difference that I have seen in starters is the difference of who makes them. One's a Hitachi, the other's a Mitsubishi. The Mitsubishi starter seems to be the better of the two.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm going to be doing a sr20 engine and manual transmission swap on my nissan b 14 what is I need to do the swap

1 - 10 of 10 Posts