SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
VE junkie
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have put alot of work into my nx and i love it and dont want to sell it. the only thing i dont love about it is its automatic! screw that. someone help me. i want manual, and im asking everyone for help on where i could get the parts. i really need a donor car, but ill take individual parts if it comes down to it. this is what i think i need : transmission,new ecu,flywheel,clutch,master cylinder, slave cylinder,pedals,shifter. anything else you think ill need for the swap? add it to my list please. also does anyone know if the 91-93 sentra se-r uses the same stuff? tranny....ecu....etc?? thanks alot~!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Whew! I dont know...I'd imagine it would be a lot of work! That's the only reason I sold my Sentra a few years back; because it was auto and i wanted 5spd.
Best of luck to you though!
steve. 93nx w/no turbo

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Dude, i love my nx as well and i understand where your coming from. You will absolutely love the nx in 5spd. And to answer your question, yes, everything from the sentra is the same for the nx. So, i figure it would be a little easier to find an se-r donor car then to find an nx2000. There pretty rare in my area at least. So, get all taht stuff from the se-r from 91-94 and you will be set. you can probably pick up a nice beat up se-r for like 1000 or less. my buddy nismoser got his 91 classic for like 2400, and its in perfect condition for the most part and it runs great. Best of luck doing the swap.

------------------
1992 NX2000
White
K&N Cone intake, Bosal Performance muffler and 2.25" cat back

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Just be warned this is a HUGE project. Lots to change. Ive also heard that the tranny mount between the two are different. But just make a list, and check it twice. You will need a new crossmember, a dog bone, and the mount to engine. Thats something else I notice. Linkage. One thing to remember is alot of stuff can be sourced from non se-r cars. Like the shifter, mounts, and linkage. Think it was Jay Stewart that did the research and said those were the exact same between the cars.

As with most people asking about this swap what I usualy say is this. If you dont have nothing but bolt ons, I would look at possibly finding another car. Its not an easy swap, it takes time and thinking to be done right. If you have nothing but bolt ons, Id look at just moving them to another car, it will be much easier. And seriously the cost of doing the swap will end up being close to what you can get a "decent" classic or such for. It will end up taking no less than 1000 bucks. Probaly 1500+ depending on the ammount of new parts or upgrades parts you end up using.

------------------
Thats my opinion and I could be wrong

93 classic
Aztec Red, Automatic, POP, STB, OEC battery tie down, AD22VF's, Pirelli P4000's

·
VE junkie
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
rosen autosprt said theyll do the swap! it will take 15 hours, and they can get me the parts but i think it would be a bit pricey from them. ill find a donor car, then turn everything over to them! i dont know how much per hour the labor will cost,but ill keep you guys posted! www.rosenautosport.com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts