SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone i love my auto trans. i would like to keep it when i go turbo. but im not sure if the tranny can handle the power? so what are the sr auto trannys capable of handling power wise? if i have to ill convert it to a 5 speed. but manual trans get annoying after a while. Thanks Josh.

·
Hostile Aberration
4,820 Posts
There was a recent thread about this very subject.

http://www.sr20forum.com/showthread.php?t=188112&highlight=auto+turbo

I did an Advanced Search.

"auto+turbo" in the search field.

Seached the Main Forums only.

Found that thread at the bottom of the first page.

That should answer your questions in full, including all your tranny options. The auto is gonna blow up.

Good luck.

·
RETIRED
358 Posts
hey everyone i love my auto trans. i would like to keep it when i go turbo. but im not sure if the tranny can handle the power? so what are the sr auto trannys capable of handling power wise? if i have to ill convert it to a 5 speed. but manual trans get annoying after a while. Thanks Josh.
After installing my fmax t3/t4 set up my trans started to slip,i switched over to full synthetic atf , had a trani cooler installed and had the resistor removed thats located in the left inner fender area near the battery.Removing the resistor raises the trani's line pressure, now the slipping is gone and the shifts are hard(i think this is why i toasted a motor mount).I had to find the sweet spot to shift at in around the town driving,i drove around like that for almost 2 years.This past february i had a complete performance rebuild done by http://www.importperformancetrans.com/nissanauto.shtml in Wayne Nj,they also raised my conv stall to 4k.My trani will hold up to 400hp,let me tell you that the cars an animal now and it was worth every penny spent!John at I.T.P. kept in contact w/me the whole time,the car was done on time and the ride home was completely different then the ride to Nj.Track times to follow as soon as i can fix my lifter. Chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts