SR20 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to know your opinions on this. Gettin a upgraded torque converter or a manny swap i have an auto 99 se now. Any personal experiences?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Well even w/the new tq converter you still will not perform as well as a 5spd. But price is a big factor as well. How much is the tq converter? I know a tranny swap will run you well over a grand(if you're paying someone to do it). later

------------------

What the heck is that?!?
Quick, somebody give me a rock!!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i HEARD THE UPGRADED TC GOES FOR ABOUT 400-500 IF IM NOT MISTAKEN. iF i DID DO THE TRANNY SWAP i MORE THAN LKELY WOULD DO IT BUT i'M IN SCHOOL NOW FOR AUTO TECHNOLOGY SO AFTER IM DONE i WOULD MORE THAN LIKEYL DO IT

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
H0LY FUQG0DZ M4N, 3Y3 JU5T F0UND 7H3 KAPZ LOK KEEZ!!!!! I'M KAP'N KAPZ LOK!!!!!! FUQ YEAAAA

------------------
Is that a honda? What is that silver thing?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Basically its like this. When you get home from school and work (6am-9pm) you don't notice alot of stuff. So to reply to your bitch ass; LiCk My BaLlS AnD Go **** yOuRsElF. Dumb ass bitch you dont have anything better to contribute to the forum then shut the **** up. Beastly bitch! But I don't sweat internet **** cause i would slap you in person for bein so ****in dumb.

Don't got nothin to contribute to the ? raised in this forum then keep your ****in bitch ass comments to yourself.

All smiles.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Well, if you are planning on doing it yourself and you can afford to have your car out of order for a while then I would say go for the 5spd swap, although most of the time people recomend just buying a 5spd car instead. You can probably find a junked tranny for around 500. Anybody know exactly what parts are needed to complete the job?

------------------

What the heck is that?!?
Quick, somebody give me a rock!!

·
Registered
146 Posts
wus up! if you want a 5spd you should check out my classic listed for sale i am located in schaumburg...i'd suggest you forget about the swap to a 5spd in your car...much money and time. with a car that new find a like one at a dealer and trade 5spds in this area do not sell well at dealerships so with some lookin you could very easily swap car...or like i said buy my ser its sweet...i'm selling to help finance a 5.0 ford motor c4 auto, IH dana 44 swap into my 5spd wrangler.

[This message has been edited by sr20 (edited 07-13-2001).]

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Yeah, esp in such a new car, I'd recommend trading for a car with a 5 speed in it. Get an NX! All the B14 folks are doing it!
hehe

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE TURBO and crashed 93 NX2000

1 - 9 of 9 Posts