SR20 Forum banner

Auto-X Classic moved from D to E class********

319 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  JimR 
#1 ·
I don't know if this is a recent move but I have been on the list for 3 months now and haven't seen a post on it.
Today at my local Auto-X in Winston Salem N.C I was told by a couple of drivers that the 91-94 se-r just got moved from D to E class.
I don't know if this applies to NXk or any other sr20 cars but ask about it @ you next Auto-x cause they put me down as D class and they looked it up and moved me to E class.
This move helped me and my cousin.
I won Street Tire class!!!!!!
My cousin(91 stock Classic) got 2nd in Novelist

This was a good day for Nissan, another guy in a 240 also won his division.

Darren

#2 ·
Yeah, the NX2000 and Sentra SE-R got moved to ES from DS for this season, and this season only.

They weren't all that competitive in DS against the Neon ACR, and it took the SCCA years to figure it out. Some claim contingency took the best drivers out of their cars and into the ACR, but really, the SE-R couldn't compete 100% with it.

Next year, a whole new class structure will be introduced, and the SE-Rs will get to be underdogs all over again.

#3 ·
I wouldn't say the SE-R wasn't competitive like the ACR. Mark Chiles is posting times that beat Neons and other D stock cars. Wait, is there any other car in D stock?

#5 ·
How do you know they'll be underdogs next year? Have they finalized the classes yet? If so, what is class is the Sentra in and what is the "overdog" for that class?

FWIW, I'm gonna run in Street Touring along with Andrew Phan this coming winter season. We're gonna bust the NX invasion! I have high hope that our cars will be competitive, and I'll update for sure if we turn out to be fast

------------------
Paul
'92 NX2000 w/ mods

#6 ·
The 91-94 SE-R and 91-93 NX2000 moved from D-stock to E-stock for 2001.

As far as Mark Chiles beating D-stock Neons, remember 2 things:
1) Mark retired his SE-R to drive Neon ACRs in D-stock because they were faster.
2) Mark Daddio is not driving a DS Neon anymore.

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

"What have you DONE to that thing..." - stranger at Rockingham dragway 5/18/01
"Where's the turbo?" - stranger at the 1st autocross of 2000 where my SE-R debuted
"That thing is a goddamn rocket ship. I'm not lifting for you on the straights anymore!" -Karl Shultz, Rockingham 4/27/01
"What in the hell have you done since I drove it last?" -David Stone, Rockingham 4/27/01

#7 ·
Right now, it looks like the SE-Rs will be in Class 8 (G Stock) for 2002.

There's a copy of the list on Jerry Mouton's Solo2 site:
http://www.best.com/~mouton/sccasolo/Lists/2002/stockc.html

There are some slick cars in the proposed GS class, including the very competent 00+ Celica GT - not a stellar buy for the street, but very well classed right now.

Those of you running stock class will be getting to play with the Integra GS-R, Contour SVT, Neons, VW sport compacts, Impreza RS, etc. You'll have your work cut for you, even at the regional level.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.