SR20 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, gang;

During my fourth run at the River Cities region autocross on Sunday, the friggin' power steering unit decided to dump all its fluid all over my engine bay.

Nasty.

Up until then, I was the fastest street-tired car, just 2 seconds behind the sticky-tire boys. The car was flyin'....

Then, the power steering decided to puke.

Argh. Just had to vent. My new sig pic (below) was shot just moments before the ps let go, by the way.

(Edit) Well, I guess I'll just have to put a turbo on the SE-R. You know, while she's 'down' for the winter and all......

------------------
Greg Perry, '93 SE-R w/ 149,000 miles, a proud customer of Nitrous Oxide Systems, Inc.,
[email protected] 1/4 mile, [email protected] 1/8 mile, 1.98 60-ft.

My SE-R page, with videos

[This message has been edited by SERprise In WV (edited 09-10-2001).]

·
wants to go play
2,230 Posts
Hey, you should come up for our 2-day event next month. I'm prolly gonna bring out my daily NX for a bit of thrashing (my racer is still down). We can always use a few more SE-R's!!

Blair

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Blair;

Where would 'up here' be? You don't have a city listed in your profile...

Toddles 82: Thanks for the compliment on the sig pic. My SE-R is doing about 50mph there, just before hitting the brakes very hard to do a quick left-right through the finish gate.

I'm trying to track down a replacement hose for the PS. Two guys who are junking some Sentras are looking for me. Beats the hell outta' paying Ni$$an for a new one, although that still might happen.

I tried patching it up with radiator clamps, but she started leaking again after my first run at the SWVR autocross last weekend. That, and I blew a header gasket (primary-secondary one). That's a quick fix: Pacesetter is shipping a new one out, pronto.

The power steering hose, though, is proving to be a b!tch to get fixed.

Anybody have any thoughts/suggestions?

·
wants to go play
2,230 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SERprise In WV:
Blair;

Where would 'up here' be? You don't have a city listed in your profile...

I'm trying to track down a replacement hose for the PS. Two guys who are junking some Sentras are looking for me. Beats the hell outta' paying Ni$$an for a new one, although that still might happen.

Anybody have any thoughts/suggestions?
</font>

Up here is Cleveland Ohio.

Which hose broke?? I may have one on my "donor" 93 classic.

Blair

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Blair;

Cleveland...I visit there at least twice a year. I own a publication that covers a school in the MAC (Marshall). The conference basketball tourney is there every March.

As for the hose...I had one of the posters on this forum swipe one from a junked '93 (don't know which model: apparently, this hose is on all Sentras). He's supposed to ship it this week.

So, thanks for the offer. If this turns out to be the wrong hose, then I'll hit you up.

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
That was happening to Craig and Jack at the Convention. Greg, did you go to the convention?

------------------
97 Super Black 200sx SE-R
Hotshot CAI, custom 2.5" catback with dynomax super turbo muffler, Hotshot header, UR pulleys (2 set), JWT ECU, Stillen FSB, Courtesy RSB, V-Racing Buzz seat with custom seat bracket, JUN CAMS (264's 10.5mm lift)

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ryan;

Ah, I'm not in it deep enough to go to a SE-R convention.

Yet

On the power steering hose...a friend of mine owns a glass-replacement shop. They just started doing industrial hose replacements, mainly for heating/ac guys, etc.

I went to his shop. They can duplicate the ps hose completely, but out of stronger hose and better fittings.

'We'll make him stronger, better.' - Six Million Dollar Man TV series, from way back in my day, the 1970s.

So...custom hoses will be made for my entire engine bay over the winter, out of very strong hoses and fittings.

Even my nitrous setup will be better.

So, this ps hose thingy has turned out to be a blessing in disguise.

Then, I can go to one of the conventions, Ryan, and show off all my cool hoses

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Dude, there were bone stock auto Se-r's there. It doesn't matter how much you have done to your car. It was one of the best weekends of my life. So much fun meeting everyone. Hopefully the NE guys will be willing to drive to Arizona for this years. It is not an event to miss. It was right near you too. Took us nearly 7 hours to get there from CT. You gotta go to one.

------------------
Hotshot CAI, custom 2.5" catback with dynomax super turbo muffler, Hotshot header, UR pulleys (2 set), JWT ECU, Stillen FSB, Courtesy RSB, V-Racing Buzz seat with custom seat bracket, JUN CAMS (264's 10.5mm lift)

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ryan;

I learned of the convention only a day after it went down. It was at Summit Point, IIRC, which is in the very eastern part of the Great State of West Virginia.

Basically, it's in Washington, DC.

What I meant to say is that I've always been a 'loner' about my SE-R: There's never been anyone else I've known with a modded Classic (that changed this year, I autocross with another black one, a '92).

Since buying this car in 1993, it's always been like that: Nobody knew a thing about it. Only now are folks discovering what I've known for 8 years +. It's a great car.

So, that's why I've never been into the big meetings and all.

I'd L-O-V-E to go to one, now.

Arizona? Yikes! That's a haul and a half from WV. In fact, it's the longest haul I can think of, next to CA.

I'll catch the east coast deals from here on out. West coast is just too far out there, in more ways than one.

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Oh, I got ya. Yea, Arizona is a haul. I might fly out. Thats a L O N G drive. I'm sure it will be a blast though. I've never been out west and it would be a great chance to do so. The kinda sucks about not knowing anyone else in the area with an se-r. We've got a ton in CT. Jack, Craig, me, Mark Merliss, Hass, and a bunch of others. Every friday and saturday night we usually head up to the pike and do a little street racing as well as just hanging out.

------------------

G

·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SERprise In WV:
Basically, it's in Washington, DC.

So, that's why I've never been into the big meetings and all.

I'd L-O-V-E to go to one, now.
</font>

Summit Point is ~70 miles from Washington DC, not trying to be picky but it's true. :)

As for going to one of "the big meetings", there is a school & race weekend at Summit Point on the big/fast 2 mile, 10-turn track on Nov 3-4 that should have its fair share of SE-R's hauling ass. Details:

http://www.nasaracing.net

and entry fee discount details (open to all cars):

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=73027

Hope to see some new SE-R folks there,

Jon
93 classic, SCCA ITS racer-in-progress, pics at http://www.get-fast.net/93ser.html

91 classic, recently wrecked & sold, pics at
http://www.get-fast.net/91ser.html

1 - 12 of 12 Posts