SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering where you East Coast guys got your autopower cages. I'm curious if there are any east coast dealers so I could possibly get a break on the shipping from California.
TIA

------------------
97 Super Black 200sx SE-R
Hotshot CAI, custom 2.5" catback with dynomax super turbo muffler, Hotshot header, UR pulleys (2 set), JWT ECU, Stillen FSB, Courtesy RSB, V-Racing Buzz seat with custom seat bracket

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
Just a note here, as I'm on the east coast, too, and have an Autopower cage in my '93:
--Rosen AutoSport may be an Autopower dealer, but I seriously doubt they carry any cages in stock. Autopower builds each cage as they're ordered. I could be wrong.
--I got lucky and split the shipping with a Mustang owner who ordered a cage at the same time as I did. Came to about $50 for my share, as the cages MUST be shipped by semi-truck. It took about 10 days to be manufactured and arrive here.

My suggestion: See if you can't go in with another person buying a cage at the same time, on shipping.

Hope this helps.

------------------
Greg Perry, '93 SE-R w/ 149,000 miles, JWT pop, header, ProActive
clutch, ST bar, NOS direct-port 75hp, Autopower 4-point roll bar/harnesses.
[email protected] 1/4 mile, [email protected] 1/8 mile, 1.98 60-ft.

My SE-R page, with videos

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds good. I just emailed autopower yesterday and they said 3-6 weeks to manufacture it and about a week for shipping. Anyone in the market for a cage for a cage on the east coast? Email me, [email protected]

------------------
Hotshot CAI, custom 2.5" catback with dynomax super turbo muffler, Hotshot header, UR pulleys (2 set), JWT ECU, Stillen FSB, Courtesy RSB, V-Racing Buzz seat with custom seat bracket

·
Track Whore
1,120 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SERprise In WV:
--Rosen AutoSport may be an Autopower dealer, but I seriously doubt they carry any cages in stock. Autopower builds each cage as they're ordered. I could be wrong.
</font>
You are Correct. Autopower builds them to order in San Diego. I ordered mine through www.ioportracing.com You pre-pay and then they will make the cage for you. After that they will ship it out. I live about 2 hours away from San Diego so I picked mine up from Autopower. I do not know if you can order directly from Autopower.

When you order your cage make sure that you get the correct pipe diameter and thickness. These are based on the weight of your car. Other wise you will run into future problems when you inspect your car before a race. The stewards might not even let you run on the track if your cage does not match the weight of the car

------------------
Naji Dahi, aka Red Mist
Fast 1998 SE-R Last of the SE-Rs
Slow 1996 G20 (AGXs/G20t springs, K&N drop in filter)

[This message has been edited by nj1266 (edited 08-05-2001).]

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info. By ordering directly from autopower i did mean from ioportracing. By the correct pipe thickness and diameter what exactly should I specify? The race roll bar for a 1997 nissan 200sx SE-R?

------------------

·
Track Whore
1,120 Posts
Your in luck. I did a write up about the roll cage/harness/racing seat. check ,y web site

------------------
Naji Dahi, aka Red Mist

·
Track Whore
1,120 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 97 Black SER:
Thanks for the info. By ordering directly from autopower i did mean from ioportracing. By the correct pipe thickness and diameter what exactly should I specify? The race roll bar for a 1997 nissan 200sx SE-R?</font>

When you call IO-Port, the guy taking your order will ask you questions about the weight of your car and based on that he will give you the needed thickness and diameter of the pipe. The cage specs meet SCCA and NASA approval. I think the specs are 0.12 inch thickness and 1.5 inch diameter. But I am not sure. So call and ask. The I-O Port guys are very knowledgeable.

------------------
Naji Dahi, aka Red Mist

1 - 8 of 8 Posts