SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody!
I'm planning on trying this AutoX thing out. I've never done it before and i've heard of how much fun it is, so I want to give it a shot. I have a '96 SE-R with an intake (just a cone filter) and a muffler (stock exhaust). What category would I fall into? Where would I be able to find more info on this? Any tips would be greatly appreciated. TIA

------------------
Jorge

'96 SE-R

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
Check out Tarheel Sports Car Clubs FAQ page. Sections 3 and 4 have good info. http://www.thscc.com/faq.html

Also, www.scca.org has some info on car classing somewhere on it.

If those are your only mods, the cone filter will taake you out of stock class. You will be in street prepared (specifically D-street prepared) or street touring. See if you can sign up in a novice class.

Two things you do NOT want to leave the house without: sunscreen and Gatorade (water, Powerade, whatever)

Rule of autocross #1: Confusious says: Sometimes, you must slow down in order to go faster.

Have fun, let us know how it goes.

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

"What have you DONE to that thing..." - stranger at Rockingham dragway 5/18/01
"Where's the turbo?" - stranger at the 1st autocross of 2000 where my SE-R debuted
"That thing is a goddamn rocket ship. I'm not lifting for you on the straights anymore!" -Karl Shultz, Rockingham 4/27/01
"What in the hell have you done since I drove it last?" -David Stone, Rockingham 4/27/01

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Yeah, the filter will toss you out of the stock class. Since you're new, it really doesn't matter. Just go out there and have fun. Remember that your brakes are the most important thing on your car if you want to go fast. Check out the Solo II Novice Handbook for some other tips.

Good luck and Have Fun!!

------------------
Paul
'92 NX2000 w/ mods

·
Not on fire... yet
591 Posts
If you're a small guy like me you can try to lock your seat belt and then put it in the latch, then you dont have to support yourself with the steering wheel or dead pedal as much

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the input guys
, I appreciate it.

RacerX:

I wish i could do that, but i'm 6'1 240lbs
, but thanks for the suggestion.

------------------
Jorge

'96 SE-R

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
In that case....just buy a good (SFI-approved) 5-point harness, a bolt-in unit will do just fine. It'll nail you down to where you cannot move at all, which will free you up to concentrate on the car and not on keeping yourself steady.

One of the best mods you can make for autocrossing, in my book.

------------------
Greg Perry, '93 SE-R w/ 149,000 miles, a proud customer of Nitrous Oxide Systems, Inc.,
[email protected] 1/4 mile, [email protected] 1/8 mile, 1.98 60-ft.

My SE-R page, with videos

1 - 6 of 6 Posts