SR20 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
utahnissans.com
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was supposed to post a pic of this along time ago,but I have been lazy. This is a dogbone that Tuned200 was selling. With this dogbone you don't have to hack up your stock one.

·
pimpin since 03!
1,348 Posts
i was looking at my avenir today.. because it is almost time to swap.... and i noticed that the front motor mount would not fit! is that what the dogg mount is for ?

·
utahnissans.com
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WEll they are all called "dogbone mounts" as far as I know but this one is made for this specific application. You can trim your stock one to make it work, but this way is much better.

·
pimpin since 03!
1,348 Posts
where can i get one? i will check out how much i would need to shave to make this fit... if its not much then i dont think ill worrie about it... also i can weld soo i can reinforce it

·
Registered
647 Posts
i had mine made by a machine shop and had an es bushing pressed in one side. cost me $50.

·
pimpin since 03!
1,348 Posts
well damn i need to get one then... i got noo clue where i could get this sort of thing machined around here...

·
pimpin since 03!
1,348 Posts
97SE-R C2 said:
Getting this mount. It also keeps the hotside I/C piping shorter and easier to route.

how does it doo this??? i cant see the pic very well

·
Undecided
4,132 Posts
If you rotate the turbo the other way then you have to run piping across the TOP of the engine bay then down behind the Passenger side headlught. With this, you can just leave the turbo facing the front and have a pipe run under the Radiator support into the I/C. It saves a couple feet in piping which=faster spool.

·
EJ25 AWD Monster
4,680 Posts
sr20veb13 said:
well damn i need to get one then... i got noo clue where i could get this sort of thing machined around here...
You could buy a solid mount for 35 i think from the vendor who holds them. Ill find the web address and post it tomorrow. They also carry the one sr20racer posted pics of and can get the bushing.

·
EJ25 AWD Monster
4,680 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts