SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question. I searched, but couldnt find the right answer. I have found a AWD DET for sale. The prices seem pretty good. Would the AWD DET be compatible with my tranny, or my car at all? I know the AWD motor sits like the FWD motor. But I dont know how much different it is.

Thanks

------------------

Kris94G20™
"clears and stickers, the best bang for your buck"
The Beginning.

P

·
0 Posts
the engine will bolt up to your transmission. is it a front cut or just the engine?

------------------
primers its where its at.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by primera-chris:
the engine will bolt up to your transmission. is it a front cut or just the engine?

</font>

Front cut as in, the whole front half of the car? If so, then no. The guy selling them, said it is complete from top to bottom, with IC, turbo, and whats left of the hraness.

·
Team Tool
2,514 Posts
Selling THEM, prices and names thats all i want. PLEASE

------------------
Place Racing CAI,JWT S4 cams and JWT ECU with S4 program, hotshot gen3 header, greddy SP exhaust, KYB AGX's and Ground Controls, Konig Traffiks with Nitto NT555's

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Umm... If I remember correctly, all transverse-mounted SR20DET's in Japan came from AWD vehicles. I do not believe there was ever a production FWD SR20DET. As always, I could be wrong.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by RollcageSR20:
Umm... If I remember correctly, all transverse-mounted SR20DET's in Japan came from AWD vehicles. I do not believe there was ever a production FWD SR20DET. As always, I could be wrong.</font>

You are right, my bust.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts