SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm putting a 97 Tranny in my classic. One of my boots is torn. Which axle do I put in it? Also I have abs and my lights on. It's been on since I've owned the car. I've heard that there's a ring on the axle that works with the abs. Can you see the ring from underneth the car? Anyone got a picture?

Thanks a bunch.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Are you asking wether or not you have to use a 200SX axle or are you asking what everyone recommends to use?

I've heard that Raxles are really good.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2xSE-R said:
Are you asking wether or not you have to use a 200SX axle or are you asking what everyone recommends to use?

I've heard that Raxles are really good.
I guess I'm asking what car do I buy for. Sentra or 200sx.

Thanks. :)

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
IIRC, You can use regular classic axles.
Someone will probably jump in and correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Original Owner
1,045 Posts
wizeguy said:
...I've heard that there's a ring on the axle that works with the abs. Can you see the ring from underneth the car? Anyone got a picture?
Thanks a bunch.
WizeGuy,

You are correct that there is a ring that works with ABS. You can't see it from underneath the car as the toothed ring sits inside the hub when the axle is installed. You'll see it once the axle is pulled from the hub. That toothed "gear-like" ring can be removed from the axle that has it and pressed on to one that needs it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
aztecred92 said:
WizeGuy,

You are correct that there is a ring that works with ABS. You can't see it from underneath the car as the toothed ring sits inside the hub when the axle is installed. You'll see it once the axle is pulled from the hub. That toothed "gear-like" ring can be removed from the axle that has it and pressed on to one that needs it.

Thanks for the info. The press trick might just do what I need. I believe the drivers side has been replaced with a non abs axle (from previous owner), the passenger side needs to be replaced. I'll order an abs axle for the passenger side and put the ring off and put it on the drivers side. Or so I think... :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts