SR20 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard that these are all the same pad resold and renamed by different manufacturers. Is this true?

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE TURBO

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
Axxis makes the MetalMaster. The R4-S, as far as I can tell, is a totally different compound.

Yeah, Carbotech will make you a pad using just about anybody's material. But they'll use glue and rivits to hold it together. So far for the AD22VF I've used EBC Redstuff pads and was thoroughly disappointed. They lasted ~60 miles. I used the stock Wagner pads for the remaining 150 miles!!! I'm trying some KVR pads next weekend at VIR.

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ben98SentraSE:
I have heard that these are all the same pad resold and renamed by different manufacturers. Is this true?
</font>
I'm not sure about the Porterfields, but I know Stillen rebadges the Repco/Axxis pads their own. Carbotech makes pads that use similar compounds as other brake pads (example: They use the Hawk Blue compound for their race pads for the AD22VF application, since Hawk doesn't have an AD22VF application.) But I do believe Porterfield's pads are their own. I could be wrong, though.

Andrew Phan
1998 200SX SE-R
1993 Egg Beater

·
RE-F/ING-TIRED:)
1,318 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MaddMatt:
Axxis makes the MetalMaster. The R4-S, as far as I can tell, is a totally different compound.

Yeah, Carbotech will make you a pad using just about anybody's material. But they'll use glue and rivits to hold it together. So far for the AD22VF I've used EBC Redstuff pads and was thoroughly disappointed. They lasted ~60 miles. I used the stock Wagner pads for the remaining 150 miles!!! I'm trying some KVR pads next weekend at VIR.
</font>
fwiw, i used the new r4s's on (ad22vf's) for a lapping event last friday. they worked very well for me. no rotor damage and no fade.

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was planning on the R4S's, but I found a set of AXXIS pads for $30 in the classifieds, and since I'm cheap, I couldn't pass them up. How much are these new?

·
Registered
513 Posts
I bought a set of Metalmasters for my fronts for $34. I'd just buy a new set if I were you. FWIW, I went to PhilsInc.com.

------------------
Kevin
93 Classic
Bone Stock

·
8,148 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ben98SentraSE:
I was planning on the R4S's, but I found a set of AXXIS pads for $30 in the classifieds, and since I'm cheap, I couldn't pass them up. How much are these new?</font>
ABout $30 dollars. Depending who you buy them from. More or less -+$5

·
8,148 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MaddMatt:
I was quoted $60 for new Metalmasters.</font>
$60???
Run like hell but before you do sk why the hell are they sellingthem so damn high? If you are in NY I would tell you where to get them real cheap.
Repco=Axiss. OldtoNew.

·
Registered
705 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pretty White:
Originally posted by MaddMatt:
I was quoted $60 for new Metalmasters.</font>
$60???
Run like hell but before you do sk why the hell are they sellingthem so damn high? If you are in NY I would tell you where to get them real cheap.
Repco=Axiss. OldtoNew.
HAHAH...that was just funny..."run like hell" haha..I have EBC green pads. They work, but they are really dusty, my rims are filthy. And i dont know how much they were cuz i got em for free. I can tell you i have paid 40 for stock rears from Courtesy in the past.

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Stillen GTR grill

1 - 11 of 11 Posts