SR20 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Note: This is not an April Fools joke. Unless my supplier is playing one on me...

The weak value of the US dollar and higher transportation costs have conspired to cause an ~20% increase in Axxis Ultimate prices effective today. This shizzle comes from Australia where the US dollar has fallen in value ~40% in the last year.

As far as Carbotech's pricing, stock B13 SE-R pads and NX pads move from the mid $40s to the mid $50s. Rear pads go up to ~$50. Prices are effective immediately, so ignore the website pricing. B15 2.0L and Spec-V front pads are now quite expensive (~$90).

It's a reality of a global economy people. The US government wanted to weaken the dollar to make US products less expensive to other countries. That has definitely worked. Carbotech has seen a *major* increase in European sales in the last year. But the pendelum swings both ways. Imported goods from other countries are getting damn expensive.

One more reason to buy stuff made in the USA.

·
<>< Jesus is the Answer
5,518 Posts
damn...good thing i got my pads last week. thanks again! I didnt know what I had been missing.

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
Matt, I won a certificate for some MM Ultimate pads at the convention. Could I trade up for some race pads and pay the difference? I already have new sets of both front and rear MM on both of my cars :)

Thanks

·
Coropate greed hater
4,044 Posts
Should I throw my Economics at this subject?

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
Ok Matt that sounds good, thanks. What pads do you reccomend? I've heard good things about the Hawk Blues (I guess the ones from the Eclipse?).

MaddMatt said:
Go for it.

·
RUST?!? It's Character!
622 Posts
Whew...........

Glad i picked up Ultimates for the 325 last month.
And MetalMasters for the Sentra last year.
Don't think anyone here has as many parts lyin around that still need 2b installed. :rolleyes:
Lets see; HyperCo, AGX, UR pullies, ps elim kit, rear brakes w/ stainless lines and more stuff i'm sure.
Just call me the frugal procrastinator. Suppose it was for the best, i'd haveta move them off the old Sentra now anyways.

93 SE-R---94 530iT&A---92 325i........”Hang up & Drive!”
”It is not the function of our government to keep the citizen from falling into error;
It is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling into error."-- Robert H. Jackson

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
Matt (Ostlund)--
You'll really like the Ultimates if you go that route. I went through mine pretty much in the one day at TGP at the SERCA convention in November. Great pads for the money, even with the 20% hike.

Other Matt ;) --
I've got a set of Carbotech Panther+ pads just waiting to go on. Can't wait to try them out. Will report back.

·
RUST?!? It's Character!
622 Posts

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
I think you are confused Greg :tongue: I need race pads not street pads. I won a set of freebie ultimate pads at the convention. I want to trade up for race pads. I already have new F and R MM's on both of my cars so I don't need the ultimates.

SERprise In WV said:
Matt (Ostlund)--
You'll really like the Ultimates if you go that route. I went through mine pretty much in the one day at TGP at the SERCA convention in November. Great pads for the money, even with the 20% hike.

·
Coropate greed hater
4,044 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts