SR20 Forum banner

Azenis really are good!

488 views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  wes 
#1 ·
I finally got the Azenis tires for the Sub Zero's I picked up through the GB. They really are the new tire of choice! My car has never rotated like that before, and I got the pressures right, right off the bat! If your interested in a tire for auto-x these are it! Here's a pic. of how the wheels and tires came out and how they look in action!

late,
wes

www.wes.nissanpower.com

See less See more
#2 ·
Mine just showed up yesterday =). Unfortunately, since my co-worker back into my poor lil classic on monday, I can't use them for a while =(. What pres. did you run BTW?

Joel

#3 ·
Wes;

Another Rota SubZero guy.....coooool.

I noticed a HUGE difference just from the feathery weight of the Sub Zeros compared to my old steelies.

Especially autocrossing. Some of your new-found cornering HAS to be because of the lightweight wheels. Don't forget that.

The Azenis are great tires, though, from what I hear. Sounds like you made a GREAT decision with that combo!

------------------
Greg Perry, '93 SE-R w/ 149,000 miles, a proud customer of Nitrous Oxide Systems, Inc., 14.10@99mph 1/4 mile, 8.95@79mph 1/8 mile, 1.98 60-ft.

My SE-R page, with videos

#4 ·
I am certain the wieght has a bit to do with it as well, I was previously autocrossing on my 17" Konig Villains and Yokohama A520's. They were OK but the diameter of the Konig's plus their weight was killing me! They new assembly weighs 6 LBS. less than the Konig setup. Anyway I can't wait for the stillen rear sway to come in and I just ordered, get this, some Koyokugen lug nuts, they are some 25 grams in weight, have a unique key that works as a lock, and they are black.

And yeah, I saw your sub-zero's and that was the deciding factor, I was asking you about tires at that time too. Anywho, I'm happy with them so far!

late,
wes

#5 ·
Hey Wes,
I assume those are street legal? Right And whats the next event you are going to? I want to do one more before the year is up.

------------------
Russ Knezic
Place Racing CAI,JWT S4 cams and JWT ECU with S4 program, hotshot gen3 header, greddy SP exhaust, KYB AGX's and Ground Controls, Konig Traffiks with Nitto NT555's

Turbo soon!
N/A is not enough

#8 ·
Can you get those in a 15"? I looked on Discount Tire Direct and the smallest they show is a 205-45-16. These look like a good tire to put on my extra wheels when my race tires are gone.

#10 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kesi24:
is that the best road race tire ?or kumho's i want a good road race tire</font>
The best roadrace tires are Hoosiers.

The best street tires are probably BFG KD's, Bridestone S-02's, and Michelin Pilots. From what I've heard from autocrossers, the Falken Azenis are close to these tires, but but not quite on par ... but they are a whole heck of a lot cheaper!

------------------
'93 Sentra SE-R, daily driver and track/autox toy
'91 Sentra SE-R, future racecar

#11 ·
Has anyone used these for driving schools? I think I heard from someone that they get greasy very quickly and aren't that good after a few minutes of hard track driving.

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

"What have you DONE to that thing..." - stranger at Rockingham dragway 5/18/01
"Where's the turbo?" - stranger at the 1st autocross of 2000 where my SE-R debuted
"That thing is a goddamn rocket ship. I'm not lifting for you on the straights anymore!" -Karl Shultz, Rockingham 4/27/01
"What in the hell have you done since I drove it last?" -David Stone, Rockingham 4/27/01

#12 ·
I have only used these for autocross. Have no feedback, experience with road course racing on them. ALthough at the last event I wa sit the times were roughly 51 seconds which is a longer course and they were GREAT, not saying that simulates a road race, but I felt no difference in performance at the end of the run. The last event was also held in the rain and they were amazing in those conditions as well. For $70 each (or cheaper than that on-line) they are great.

And as you saw on my site I have 15's and they even have a 195 60 14 IIRC.

Oh and eric, for the best prices for these tires on-line check out www.vulcantire.com

late,
wes

[This message has been edited by wes (edited 09-28-2001).]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.