SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I got my B&M Short shifter installed last night! So far I love the way it shifts, the throw is very short and precise. The shifter rod thing is pretty heavy compared to the stock one, so that adds to the great feel of it. Too bad the purdy purple anodized aluminum is hidden below the car though. The shift knob that comes with it, isnt too bad. Nice and heavy. I'll probably burn my hand after a long day in the sun since it is metal though.

One thing I wanted to ask, is for the people who have the Courtesy SS and say that the welds snap. Where are the welds? On the B&M there are abolutely no welds on the thing. I'm curious!

·
Registered
312 Posts
I just ordered one through where i work and i was wondering something. Is the shift knob on that lower than it is in the factory position. It looks like it is a little shorter but i haven't had a good chance to compare it. I will be picking mine up this coming friday and installing it at the geekout in KC in october. Anything weird or special i need to kow?

Any help would be appreciated.
Rick

------------------
92 SE-R w/ CAI by hotshot, Battery relocate by Me, Tunes by Sony and JL, And communications by Icom

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its a few inches shorter than stock. The install is pretty straight forward. The hardest part of the ordeal was getting the stock shift knob off. I used a small hacksaw and a dremel to get that stupid thing off. It's stuck on there good!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts