SR20 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From what I have heard about B&M's import stuff they suck. My honda friends say they bite the big one. Maybe the se-r one will be a little different tho. Good luck

·
Registered
466 Posts
How much was it? I have Courtesy shifters in the '96 and the '97. Mine(96) is cut 2 1/2 inches and I love it. The one in the '97 is un-cut with the OE knob and it works well too. I paid $89 for each. They are unadjustable, but good quality.

------------------
Eric Waterman
1996 200SX SE-R
1997 200SX SE-R
1991 Sentra SE-R

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well ok unless you are a wheaties eating superman like Eric. Then you snap them like twigs

G

·
0 Posts
I don't know about B&M's sucking...i've had one in almost all of my cars(foreign one's included) and there really very high quality!!! I had one in my Probe GT, and it felt like a whole different car.It almost had this weird "video game" feel to it, because the shifts were so short as well as positive action(It goes when it's put into gear,every time). BTW, you could get one from Summit for 130$ shipped....

G

·
0 Posts
I don't know about B&M's sucking...i've had one in almost all of my cars(foreign one's included) and there really very high quality!!! I had one in my Probe GT, and it felt like a whole different car.It almost had this weird "video game" feel to it, because the shifts were so short as well as positive action(It goes when it's put into gear,every time). BTW, you could get one from Summit for 130$ shipped....

·
Registered
303 Posts
well, i hope i like it.. i couldn't find a place that had any pacesetter short shifters in stock, so i ordered the B&M ripper short shifter instead. overall it sounds like a better quality piece than the pacesetter, except for the fact that it isn't adjustable.

------------------
Jon
'95 Infiniti G20t

Stillen intake, HS header, "custom" exhaust, A'PEXi Dunk muffler, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, GC's w/AGX's

·
Registered
303 Posts
well, i got my B&M shifter kit last night. it looks like a really nice quality kit. i'll install it this weekend if i have time and let you guys know how it turns out.

Jon

·
RE-F/ING-TIRED:)
1,318 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by bump909:
well, i hope i like it.. i couldn't find a place that had any pacesetter short shifters in stock, so i ordered the B&M ripper short shifter instead. overall it sounds like a better quality piece than the pacesetter, except for the fact that it isn't adjustable.

</font>

·
RE-F/ING-TIRED:)
1,318 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by bump909:

</font>
the pacesetter from jc cheapney is $59.95
i installed mine ~3 weeks ago. i chopped it off at the threads for the knob, used a dremel to grind those threads flat then slid my momo combat knob on. i also replaced the oem shifter bushing with a es bushing.
what an improvement from my old hacked off oem shifter.
for those looking for a sts, i recommend this shifter, especially considering the price.

·
Registered
705 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Teal97:
for those looking for a sts, i recommend this shifter, especially considering the price. </font>
You'll like it till it snaps at the weld and lands in your lap and your wrist hurts from hitting yur e-brake handle, lol. The weld on the PS shifter suck. Anybody in the market for a short shifter should go with a Stillen, BM, or SMC. There was jsu ta group deal on the se-r deals list with SMC. 109 bucks a piece, which is a great deal. I got a good look and helped install one at a recent geekout nearby.

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Stillen GTR grill

1 - 13 of 13 Posts