SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just put a custom 2.5" b-pipe and everything sounds fine going down the road. but as soon as i hit a little bump or dip, i can hear the pipe knocking on the underside of my ride.
has this happened to anyone else? does have anything to do with the hangers on the exhaust?
help me Obie Wan.

stiletto

99 Sentra SE platinum gold w/ HS headers and CAI, custom b-pipe, arospeed muff, magnecor 8.5mm wires, eibach pro-kit, courtesy nissan frt and rear STB, smc short shifter, greddy knob, jwt clutch, k&n crankcase breather, 17 deg. timing, clear corners and taillights and not a single stock bulb.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
could it be your short shifter hitting the shield above the cat?
Otherwise, it might be the b-pipe hitting the gas tank shield or something else. You'll have to crawl around under the car to see if you can spot an area that has ben hitting, either on the b-pipe or on the car.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no, i've already checked the clearance for the shifter, it's good. i'll have to get it on a rack today and check out the gas tank and stuff. thanks.

--------------------------
stiletto

99 Sentra SE platinum gold w/ HS headers and CAI, custom b-pipe, arospeed muff, magnecor 8.5mm wires, eibach pro-kit, courtesy nissan frt and rear STB, smc short shifter, greddy knob, jwt clutch, k&n crankcase breather, 17 deg. timing, clear corners and taillights and not a single stock bulb.

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
I had the same problem as soon as I installed my Courtesy exhaust. Almost like it was mounted with bungy cords. I made my own mounts from thick rubber belting and put cheap hose clamps around 1 to hold it more firm. Its the most ghetto-fabulous thing on my car

------------------
Sean
97 SE-R w/PR CAI,Unorthodox UP,AEBS Header, Courtesy Exhaust, and Pretty looking pedals and shift knob

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nothing wrong with being ghettofabulous! i got it on a rack and played w/ it for awhole. the pipe is hitting on the beam in the rear and is a little close to the right side of the trench in the middle. i'm gonna take it to a shop and have them bend it so it won't hit when driving over pebbles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts