SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what 1/2 shafts people are using on the B12 SR20DE swap? I'm in the middle of a KN13 Pulsar (Based on the B12 sentra) and the Bluebird 1/2 shafts will not work.

I thought I had read somewhere that the 91-94 SE-R shafts were used on the B12 sentra with no issues ?

Thanks in advance
-Rich
'95 S14 240sx 170RWHP KA24DE
'87 KN13 Pulsar NX SE -> SR20DET swap in progress... motor hanging in the enginebay...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok... no one is answering this, anothe question

Are all the Bluebird FWD SR20DET transmissions non LSD?
the shafts that came with it both have teh same spline length, whereas the SE-R shafts have one lnoger than the other.....

Anyhow, off to try one SE-R shaft and one pulsar NX SE shaft...

Unless someone has some info, please share it
B12 SR20DE swap, what shafts?

-Rich

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
information

The stock Pulsar shafts worked out fine, which proves to me that the trans is non LSD, the shafts I used are from a CA16DE 5 speed. The motor is close to being mounted now, I'll be fabbing some mounts in the next few days, this may prove to be important for you B12 guys who are thinking of swapping in an SR...

More to follow,
if anyone has anything to add, please do.

-Rich

·
En mi barrio..
1,588 Posts
Re: information

Fatmanracing1 said:
The stock Pulsar shafts worked out fine, which proves to me that the trans is non LSD, the shafts I used are from a CA16DE 5 speed. The motor is close to being mounted now, I'll be fabbing some mounts in the next few days, this may prove to be important for you B12 guys who are thinking of swapping in an SR...

More to follow,
if anyone has anything to add, please do.

-Rich
Hummm.... something doesn't sound right. Your using the tranni from the bluebird in a B12? Not gonna work. And the ca16de shaft will not work on that tranni? What are u using as motor mounts?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mounts, and shafts

So far I have figured out that the trans that came with teh motor is probably a G20 Trans, non LSD, 5 speed. The CA16DE shafts snapped right in. I am custom fabbing the mounts from .125 - .250" thick cold rolled steel, I'm welding most of it, but bolting ot the factory bolt holes. I'm also leaving some angle down fro mthe motor to the spindle on teh angle of the 1/2 shafts, in case I want to lower the vehicle in the future, so far so good, I had to space over my mounts 3/16" tonight to get the motor perfectly centered in the car, more later...

-Rich

1 - 5 of 5 Posts