SR20 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Fast and unobtrusive....
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
(Help will be appreciated - I've spent 1hr+ searching & reading threads, but can't find the answer. If some search function guru can show me how to find the answer, I want to be enlightened, not flamed.)

Here's the question: Does anyone know if 4-door front and/or rear hinges will work on a 2-door, suitably flipped, just as well as 2-door hinges would?

Why the question? The two B13 2-doors in my local yard all either have sagging front hinges or access to the hinges is blocked by their being up against another car. I have easy access to the front and rear hinges of a couple of 4-door B13's. The rears are very tight and slop-free. They _look_ like they are the same hinges as the front 4-door hinges. You'd _think_ the hinges on a 2-door would be stronger than those for 4-doors, since the doors are longer and heavier, but I don't know whether Nissan actually made them differently. Each of the hinges has its own position code stamped on it, like "RLR" which is on the right lower rear door hinge, but that is probably just for assembly purposes. They might have different part numbers even if they are functionally the same part.

My '92 SE-R's driver door suddenly sagged, and the little travel-limiter no longer stops it from swinging wider than it should. I haven't sprung the door yet. I need to look in the factory service manual to see what is involved in replacing the swing limiter. I understand from GregV that the limiter can be replaced without having to go inside the door. I hope to get that part from my local yard, too.

I am not looking to buy new hinges if possible. Since my income has taken a significant hit in the last year, I'm looking to economize.

·
Gotta love that SR20!
368 Posts
I searched B13's and all I found was 'upper' or 'lower', nothing to differentiate between front or rear. The adjustments I see in my 1991 FSM are either 'NX' or 'Sedan'.

I'm not a gambling man, but I'd say front and rear are the same. Stand by for more input...

·
Fast and unobtrusive....
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Additional input welcome! SE-RMonkey, thank you for your efforts!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts