SR20 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Drive it like ya stole it
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys know if you can put the B14 4-wheel ABS on the B13 Sentra/NX? Any thoughts would be appricated!! Parts needed, wiring needed...ECT...I'm thinkin of doin a conversion...TIA

------------------
-----
~~Ryan
Got 5-th gear pop-out problem?(FROM TalkingEAR) http://www.petitiononline.com/44ndone/
Damn it...I want an SE-R...NOW I HAVE ONE!! Bone Stock though...: (
Now its wrecked... :(( STILL PULLS HARD TO THE REDLINE THOUGH!!

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
Maybe a B13 nonABS to a B13ABS is possible, but B14 brakes are different. In the rear on the B14, the brakes are on the backside of the rotor, and in the front on the B13. A new master cylinder, brake proportioning valve, sensors, computer are all needed. The cost and trouble is not worth it.

------------------
Eric Waterman
1996 200SX SE-R
1997 200SX SE-R
1991 Sentra SE-R

·
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by eric96ser:
Maybe a B13 nonABS to a B13ABS is possible, but B14 brakes are different. In the rear on the B14, the brakes are on the backside of the rotor, and in the front on the B13. A new master cylinder, brake proportioning valve, sensors, computer are all needed. The cost and trouble is not worth it.

</font>
how would you recomend doing an upgrade to the B13 ABS on a NON-ABS car? I have my current car...(93 SE-R) that has ABS, but it doesn't seem to work at all...that may have been because of the diffrent size tire on on side...?? Thinking of Buying an NX, would the ABS be transferable? I'd probabaly have to buy a correct Master cylender...and a correct proportioning valve...I assum the knuckles change over as well...I'd just have to change out the backing plates on them..and just replace the wheel bearings while I have everything apart...anyone elce have any suggestions? TIA!!

------------------
-----
~~Ryan
Got 5-th gear pop-out problem?(FROM TalkingEAR) http://www.petitiononline.com/44ndone/
Damn it...I want an SE-R...NOW I HAVE ONE!! Bone Stock though...: (
Now its wrecked... :(( STILL PULLS HARD TO THE REDLINE THOUGH!!

·
Registered
122 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">SENTRASER asked:
anyone elce have any suggestions?</font>
Depends on what you're trying to achieve. If you just want your ABS working again, look for like-model pieces for the easiest job.

However, if you want better braking... Sure - yank ABS entirely, replace the front calipers & rotors with AD22VFs, replace master cylinder with the appropriate (*I* think the proportioning is better than using the stock, non-AD22VF MC), run SS lines, good fluid (Motul), and decent pads.

------------------
'91 Classic w/the usual stuff

"It is better to go into a corner slow and come out fast than to go
into a corner fast and come out dead" - Stirling Moss

·
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by grailer:
Depends on what you're trying to achieve. If you just want your ABS working again, look for like-model pieces for the easiest job.

However, if you want better braking... Sure - yank ABS entirely, replace the front calipers & rotors with AD22VFs, replace master cylinder with the appropriate (*I* think the proportioning is better than using the stock, non-AD22VF MC), run SS lines, good fluid (Motul), and decent pads.

</font>

I'm prety sure that the NX2000's already have the AD22VF calipers...just don't have ABS....true, not true??

·
Registered
122 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SENTRASER:
I'm prety sure that the NX2000's already have the AD22VF calipers...just don't have ABS</font>
IIRC, the 'normal' NX2k had the smaller front calipers & rotors. The NX2k with ABS option had the AD22VFs.

Sorry, I thought you were looking for brakes for your SE-R, not an NX2k...?

------------------

·
Registered
201 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by grailer:
IIRC, the 'normal' NX2k had the smaller front calipers & rotors. The NX2k with ABS option had the AD22VFs.
</font>
That's not true. My '93 NX does not have ABS, but it does have the AD22VFs. I have yet to see a case of an NX not having the AD22VFs.

Ben
'93 NX

·
Registered
122 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">NXBen noted:
That's not true. My '93 NX does not have ABS, but it does have the AD22VFs.</font>
Thanks for the correction Ben. Now that you mention it, I do seem to recall some discussion of that many years ago on the SE-R list. I think that non-AD22VF-equipped NXen were decided to be in the same mythical category as the Japanese-built Sentra SE-Rs that came with those calipers. <g>

------------------

·
merely a flesh wound
15,274 Posts
Here's my take; Yank the ABS fuse and you'll be better off! The ABS on Classic's sucks, when I had my '91 I disconnected it and never regretted it.

Cheers,
Chris

------------------

·
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by chriscar:
Here's my take; Yank the ABS fuse and you'll be better off! The ABS on Classic's sucks, when I had my '91 I disconnected it and never regretted it.

Cheers,
Chris

</font>
I wish my ABS had worked when I got in a wreck...that would have saved me about $3500..now all I'm getting from my car is $800...

·
merely a flesh wound
15,274 Posts
I wish my ABS had worked when I got in a wreck...that would have saved me about $3500..now all I'm getting from my car is $800...</font>
Don't be so sure. Did the ABS ever work on your car? What do you other guys think of the ABS on B13's?

------------------

·
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by chriscar:
Don't be so sure. Did the ABS ever work on your car? What do you other guys think of the ABS on B13's?

</font>
I felt it working once...and then it didn't work again...you must understand how the ABS systme works...I believe my downfall was the fact that one of my tires was a 185/55(or 50)R14...so that was telling th ABS system that that tire wasmoving faster than the other 3 tires..so the system shut down....at one point...I couldn't push onthe brake...the ABS systme was pushing back...kinda ****ed up...

·
merely a flesh wound
15,274 Posts
you must understand how the ABS systme works
</font>
Oh I understand how it work, I'll say it again ABS sucks on the classic. Kind of a sore point with me!

Cheers,
Chris

------------------

1 - 13 of 13 Posts