SR20 Forum banner

321 - 331 of 331 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Anybody comes up with any suspension options that I do NOT cover? Send me a PM or bump the Suspension Thread. Tell me what I missed and I will add it.
Do you have any suggestions for a B13 rallycross suspension situation, where lowering the car is not desired? I did a lot of reading in this great thread but using shortened shock bodies is all that is discussed for increasing suspension travel. I am looking to increase suspension travel from the stock ride height. I want to raise the front strut towers 1.5 inches. For this setup, does anyone make longer struts?

Mike

·
slave to the grind
2,707 Posts
how bout some 4x4 wagon struts and springs? hehe

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi Shawn,

I've read a lot in your Suspension Thread, I'm just looking for help on a couple things:

I'm looking to purchase 4 bumpstops for my KYB AGX and Ground Control coilover setup on my 1995 Nissan 200SX daily driver car. The spring rates are fairly stiff at approx. 350FR and 300RR. The vehicle is lowered approx. 1.2" in the FR and 0.8" in the rear. Can you recommend which bumpstops are the best fit (I saw one comment for the 55mm ones, front and rear?) and provide best performance with the details I've provided?

Secondly, I don't see any recommendation for dust boots for the above mentioned setup? Are they recommended, do I need them to protect my investment? I've only read that stock ones do not fit inside the Eibach springs that come with the GC sleeves? :)

Thank you!

·
Registered
62 Posts
How is that setup for you, GC Sleeves and AGX, does it feel good???
Currently it's winter up here in Canada so the car is raised up to get through the mountains. The suspension feels goods currently, fairly solid. But I feel that the shop I ordered the parts through gave me too high of a spring rate for the GC coilover kit. We'll see come summer time when I lower the car back and put my summer wheels/tires on, I'll change to the stiffer setting on my AGX's.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yep maybe is because of that, I am planning to get some D2 coilovers, i have suffered a lot with Eibach lowering springs but after reading through all the notes and forums, the best are GC, Hyperco, Road Magnet and coilovers kits.

Thanks bro :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have been reading about this thread for a while as well as some other ones here in the forum, i have a question and is because I found a good interesting item on ebay:

Blue Lowering Springs for Nissan Sentra 200SX 95 96 97 98 99
Lower Rate: 1.25" Front + 1.0" Rear
Spring Rate: 350F & 250R
Price: $50

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Blue-Lowering-Springs-Front-and-Rear-4pcs-Nissan-Sentra- 200SX-95-96-97-98-99-/350712057934?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mt r&hash=item51a811504e

As per the thread and all the people's comments, the best lowering springs for the market on b14 and 200sx is the Hyperco and Road Magnet, I would like to know if this suspenson on ebay will be a good choise since it has pretty much similar spring rates to the RM does. Any recommendation????

321 - 331 of 331 Posts