SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How different is the NX2000 exhaust from the Sentra?

·
8,148 Posts
eric96ser said:
How different is the NX2000 exhaust from the Sentra?
muffler is smaller and shorter. No Exhaust for the SE-R will fit NX. Don't let anyone else stray you into thinking that they are the same. Except mabye the Borla which you still have to cut down to fit.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Re: Re: B13 exahust question

Pretty White said:
muffler is smaller and shorter. No Exhaust for the SE-R will fit NX. Don't let anyone else stray you into thinking that they are the same. Except mabye the Borla which you still have to cut down to fit.
FYI, Nissan Motorsports had two different Borla muffler systems for the Sentra SE-R and NX2000... Looking at pictures of Shell Black's old Borla, and the Borla on my NX, it seems that the main change is that the exhaust tip is shorter. There might be other differences, but I don't have a SE-R Borla for a side-to-side comparison.

I recall not too long ago someone (possibly Vince McCurley or Geo Roffe) concluded that the part numbers for the NX and SE-R mid-pipes were the same after looking through the fiche... Though my memory hasn't served me well lately.

--Andrew Phan
1993 NX2000
1998 200SX SE-R

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The exhaust on my '91 looks like Swiss cheese and I found a NX owner selling his factory exhaust. I'm not sure if I want to go that route, or get a Pacesetter system because its so cheap. I've had a Pacesetter on 2 other cars, and the tips rusted quickly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts