SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 206 Posts

·
Master Cunnilingust
4,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Progress B13 coilovers part # 75.1509:

Spring rates are 350/250 with the valving dyno tuned for those rates. Shortened strut bodies provide 1" more travel over stock. These are meant to utilize the OEM upper perches, however since the springs are 2.5" ID they should work fine using Ground Control tophats with the Ground Control caster/camber kit and Shigspeed rear pillowballs. Ride height is adjustable. Revavling of the struts is available for $49 each rebuilding for $69 each. Springs will be grpahite gray like their swaybars and the LCA brace are.

$1300 shipped

Progress B13 lower control arm brace part # 16.1509:

This is a three point brace that utilizes the OEM rear crossmember bolts as a center mounting location with adjustable spherical bearing endlinks and longer bolts for the lower control arm pivot mounting location. As soon as I know what sized downpipes will clear this brace I will post that information.

$160 shipped

How to order:

Due to the possible volume and dollar amount of this I am only accepting money orders and cashier's checks, made out to me, Rob Faber and mailed to 10408 Crown Point Ave. Omaha, NE 68134. PLEASE place your forum name and an e-mail address somewhere with your shipping information so I can keep in communication with you. Your order is placed as soon as payment is received and is shipped directly to you from Progress. As of this date, 10/24/04 the braces are available for shipping and the suspension should be as well within the next week. Please PM me if you have any questions or concerns. I will update this post with new pictures and information as soon as it is made available.

-Rob

·
**GIZMO**
1,510 Posts
i am def. interested in this please make this go through...since i live in cali i would be willing to try these out and give you guys feedback, and do you know if they already have these made? how long will it take for me to get a set.. i really want a full coilover set-up!

·
Yes Dear.
2,503 Posts
no greg.. you live to far..
im right around the corner from them..:) who are you talkin to over at progress. if they want they can use one of my cars as the pig to test out the brace and the coilovers. Since im looking to get teins this is another option for me and us. Now to get my ass over to tein... :)

·
**GIZMO**
1,510 Posts
do you know when we might be able to get these?

·
I love Katamari
1,187 Posts
damn, they waited too long - my D2's should be here soon - but I'd definitely take a 6pt. tie bar - if price is ~$200 (or hopefully even less), I'd want one for sure - just post up when they're ready and when you want payment

·
now on the West side!
3,661 Posts
I think I would definitely splurge for that suspension. Options are limited....and admittedly I would like to get a better ride than my ProKits/GR2's. Let's make this happen, count me in!

·
<>< Jesus is the Answer
5,518 Posts
id be interested in the controll arm brace. My d2's are in the works also.

·
SE-R GREEK
2,581 Posts
If not April's Fool news I would also take a strong look in the brace.

B13 Control arm braces seem to be "growing" mounting points every day! First there was Scott Higashi's 3 point brace. Then there is the Whiteline from AU (currently on a GB elsewhere here) which is a 4-point. Now we get 3-to-6!!!!

Chris

·
I love Katamari
1,187 Posts
I was just curious, would the 6pt., with it going to the tow hooks, possibly interfere w/ traction bars - or since you're already there, could they make provisions for traction bars? I'm sure it's probably one more thing that they don't want to dick around with, but if the brace had even just some mounts for someone to attach some homemade bars, there would be a lot more interest.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Rob,
For 950.00 a set, I am IN for these Progress coilovers.
Please contact me.
Thanks
Ron

·
Master Cunnilingust
4,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My thinking is that due to the design of the brace that traction bars will not be necessary. The whole idea behind the brace connecting from the control arms to the tow hooks, as well as to the crossmember, along with two braces triangulating, this brace would eliminate control arm movement in much the same way as traction bars that Rob built. That was my reason for designing the brace in the manner that I did, I was hoping to keep the "K-brace" or "engine cradle" geometry rigid which would help to eliminate wheel hop. I'll have more info on the brace in a few days.

As for the coilovers, I've got 3 people who are willing to put money where their mouth is, anyone else? As soon as I can tell Progress that I've got 10 people down, they'll start production.

·
G-unit
1,132 Posts
Are these going to be a "street" rate spring or more towards auto-x and track use? IE will they give you an estimation on the spring rates? I have the money and a big mouth, so I'll be part of the ten. I tried of waiting on Tein.

Travis E.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I have the money in hand and am ready to make a purchase ESPECIALLY for the $900ish price but I would need to speak with you about ordering some custom spring rates as the current ones they plan to offer (I belive they said it was 350f/260r but not 100% sure) is a little softer than what i wanted. If they could also throw in some of their sway bars at a cheaper price then that would kick ass as well.

·
**GIZMO**
1,510 Posts
same here got the money and ready to use it! dont let this be just another fairytail about another product we wish we had :D

·
Registered
529 Posts
so how many do we have 4 definite for the coilovers at 950.00?

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
Keep us updated about the brace please.

·
now on the West side!
3,661 Posts
Money here, waiting to be burned.....

·
I love Katamari
1,187 Posts
better get that brace info out before the whiteline gb deadline - I'm hoping it will be less than $200 and out in a month or 2 - if so, I will buy one

1 - 20 of 206 Posts