SR20 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 95 Posts

·
Hostile Aberration
4,820 Posts
McCoy said:
I have this same setup sitting in the garage right now. for reference, I paid $150 shipped to Andreas Miko for calipers and new rotors. $40 for a used Altima non-abs MC. So, a total of $190 through forum sales :).

Oh yeah, I'm using the 11.75" Fastbrake setup up front...
My suspension is set to install....tonight at 10 pm. Next up? Brakes. :)

Two questions:

Would this rear brake upgrade work well with the N2K brakes up front? Obviously you would have to set-up the proportioning valves differently from the Fastbrakes or Willwood settings.

During what applications would you recommend going to this upgrade? Street car? Autocrossing enthusiast? Serious racing on a track only?

Great write-up...maybe this should become a STICKY? :biggthump

·
'93 drifting Egg
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Shawn B said:
My suspension is set to install....tonight at 10 pm. Next up? Brakes. :)

Two questions:

Would this rear brake upgrade work well with the N2K brakes up front? Obviously you would have to set-up the proportioning valves differently from the Fastbrakes or Willwood settings.

During what applications would you recommend going to this upgrade? Street car? Autocrossing enthusiast? Serious racing on a track only?

Great write-up...maybe this should become a STICKY? :biggthump
Greg at Mossy is using the bigger rear on his SE-R classic with NX2k fronts. Stock m/c, works like a charm for him.

·
technics professional
2,184 Posts
NissanEgg said:
Greg at Mossy is using the bigger rear on his SE-R classic with NX2k fronts. Stock m/c, works like a charm for him.
and an altima MC, not the stock SE-R MC.

·
El Rey de los Chingones
301 Posts
From what I understand about these brakes, this is essentially what the "eggs" that stayed overseas came with, the ad22's up front, and these rotors in the back. These rotors (the 4 hole drilled ones) are actually JDM Nx2k rear rotors (I have no idea if jdm NX's were called NX's, that's not the point). So think of it as returning your car back to JDM stock (Some US NX's came with it too). And Shawn, you must be so amped to finally be getting your suspension in! Let us know how it goes!!

-Nic

·
Broke Ass
4,774 Posts
Great thread! This should definitely be in the tech library.

Will b13 ser/nx and b14 ser wheels fit over these brakes?

·
Registered
340 Posts
I looked at my MC it has 2 lines coming out of it so I do have to get the ABS one,question I have the nabco one so I assume I will need the nabco one from a U13 do istill use the proportioning valves from the altima one or do I get the ones from a B-14????

·
El Rey de los Chingones
301 Posts
1FASTSE-R said:
I looked at my MC it has 2 lines coming out of it so I do have to get the ABS one,question I have the nabco one so I assume I will need the nabco one from a U13 do istill use the proportioning valves from the altima one or do I get the ones from a B-14????
I'm in the exact same boat. I think either would work, however, we are not sure if the B14 numbers from the first post are the same for the ABS m/c or not, so I'm still looking at the U13 PV's. I asked Greg at Mossy to check prices on those, in case they are not crazy expensive new. I'll post what I hear.

-Nic

·
'93 drifting Egg
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
jer_760 said:
Great thread! This should definitely be in the tech library.

Will b13 ser/nx and b14 ser wheels fit over these brakes?
It will clear the rears on B13/14 wheels. Now as for the Wilwood 11" and 11.75" it will clear the wheel, but not the spoke for B14 wheels only, the B13's won't clear the wheel itself. You will need spacers to get the correct spoke to caliper clearance. Tried putting the SE-L wheels off my Tsuru on the Egg just to see, I would assume a ~10-20 mm spacer would be needed. Certain aftermarket 15's will clear the Wilwoods, but better to go 16" or bigger.

The wheels on the Egg, 17x7.5" Kosei K-1's have so much caliper to spoke clearance on the Wilwood setup that it looks possible to stick Brembo monobloc calipers in there. That would be cool, but perhaps overkill and $$$$.

·
SR powered S13 coupe
6,728 Posts
NissanEgg said:
Now as for the Wilwood 11" and 11.75" it will clear the wheel, but not the spoke for B14 wheels only, the B13's won't clear the wheel itself. You will need spacers to get the correct spoke to caliper clearance. Tried putting the SE-L wheels off my Tsuru on the Egg just to see, I would assume a ~10-20 mm spacer would be needed. Certain aftermarket 15's will clear the Wilwoods, but better to go 16" or bigger.
Ahh, there's plenty of clearnace with my 15" wheels over the 11.75" wilwood setup ;)

·
'93 drifting Egg
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
That's because you have after market wheels. I was referring to the stock B13/14 wheels. Are those ATS wheels?

·
SR powered S13 coupe
6,728 Posts
NissanEgg said:
That's because you have after market wheels. I was referring to the stock B13/14 wheels. Are those ATS wheels?
yes, I have two sets of the ATS wheels. The wink was meant to say that it was a very, and I mean very tight fit.

I have tried to fit other 15" wheels with no success and I'm not talking about the spoke clearance, but rather the caliper to inner wheel clearance.

There are other threads covering this topic, so I'll stop here with talk of wheels and caliper clearance.

·
'93 drifting Egg
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I love ATS wheels, especially that style and color. What series of wheel is that? And how much if you don't mind.

·
SR powered S13 coupe
6,728 Posts
There the comp. lites, but no longer sold in the US in our size. :( I paid $360 shipped for my first set at Tires.com about 3 years ago. I got the 2nd set from ebay (tires.com closeout) new for $259 shipped.

Here's a better view of them :)

My track setup...

·
Broke Ass
4,774 Posts
NissanEgg said:
It will clear the rears on B13/14 wheels. Now as for the Wilwood 11" and 11.75" it will clear the wheel, but not the spoke for B14 wheels only, the B13's won't clear the wheel itself. You will need spacers to get the correct spoke to caliper clearance. Tried putting the SE-L wheels off my Tsuru on the Egg just to see, I would assume a ~10-20 mm spacer would be needed. Certain aftermarket 15's will clear the Wilwoods, but better to go 16" or bigger.

The wheels on the Egg, 17x7.5" Kosei K-1's have so much caliper to spoke clearance on the Wilwood setup that it looks possible to stick Brembo monobloc calipers in there. That would be cool, but perhaps overkill and $$$$.
Thanks for clearing that up. I'm bookmarking this thread just in case it doesn't get put in the tech library.

·
Boost Addict
1,451 Posts
Since we're discussing brakes. I have one question. What master cyl. would you recommend when using ad22 up front with max 95-99 rears on B14's. When I had my B13 I had ad22's w/ 92 maxima rears and a 95 abs altima m/c and that setup was incredible. But the maxima setup for the b14 uses 11" rear rotors which is alot. Is the 95 altima m/c suitable for this or is there another that is more compatible?

·
'93 drifting Egg
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
chipey23 said:
Since we're discussing brakes. I have one question. What master cyl. would you recommend when using ad22 up front with max 95-99 rears on B14's. When I had my B13 I had ad22's w/ 92 maxima rears and a 95 abs altima m/c and that setup was incredible. But the maxima setup for the b14 uses 11" rear rotors which is alot. Is the 95 altima m/c suitable for this or is there another that is more compatible?
I would say the Altima m/c would be fine with the B14 SE-R pv's.

·
El Rey de los Chingones
301 Posts
I just ordered the U13 ABS M/C from Nopi. FWI, they said it doesn't come with the PV's, so I'm going junkyard searching tomorrow . Apparently, the M/C's through Mossy come with them already attached.

-Nic

·
'93 drifting Egg
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Isfahan said:
I just ordered the U13 ABS M/C from Nopi. FWI, they said it doesn't come with the PV's, so I'm going junkyard searching tomorrow . Apparently, the M/C's through Mossy come with them already attached.

-Nic
They come with them from the dealership. Don't know about the reservoir. Be careful when prying it to swap it over to the new m/c. Don't want to break it.

·
Irish carbomb destroyer.
1,475 Posts
Dont happen to have a picture of the set-up with the wheels on, or like a profile shot of the side of the car? Thanks

·
'93 drifting Egg
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·

The rears will fits stock wheels.

21 - 40 of 95 Posts