SR20 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 95 Posts

·
Irish carbomb destroyer.
1,475 Posts
Wow looks great, fills out the back alot more then the stock SE-R rears. Hows the set-up feel over the old setup?

·
'93 drifting Egg
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
THey feel great. At normal to slow speeds, they the same as stock, but highway and illegal speeds is where they really shine. They hold up well to repetitive heavy braking with no fade at all. Let's just say you could almost go twice the speed limit on the interstate and they haul back down to the speed limit like you pulled the chute on a dragster.

·
technics professional
2,184 Posts
a little help if any of you can, with my reman'd maxima brakes.

i was looking at the pics in the first post and comparing them to mine. the e-brake brackets on the calipers in the first post are positioned almost level/parallel with the top of the caliper. mine, on the other hand, have the bracket (and the whole e-brake spring assembly) rotated about 75* towards the underside of the caliper.

do you think i will have clearance issues? my old calipers look just like in the first post, so i assumed the remans would too.

i can supply pics when the media gallery opens back up.

·
'93 drifting Egg
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Avshi750 said:
a little help if any of you can, with my reman'd maxima brakes.

i was looking at the pics in the first post and comparing them to mine. the e-brake brackets on the calipers in the first post are positioned almost level/parallel with the top of the caliper. mine, on the other hand, have the bracket (and the whole e-brake spring assembly) rotated about 75* towards the underside of the caliper.

do you think i will have clearance issues? my old calipers look just like in the first post, so i assumed the remans would too.

i can supply pics when the media gallery opens back up.
You shouldn't have any issues. What year is the calipers that you have? 90-92's were different than the 93-94, the major difference being the way that the E-brake cable attaches to the lever. Now as for the brackets, one was with the remaned caliper and its a 93-94. The other bracket I got off a 90 in the junkyard and is same as the 93-94 bracket. Pics would really help clear things out.

·
technics professional
2,184 Posts
NissanEgg said:
Pics would really help clear things out.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

you are telling me. i've used the contributor's media gallery feature to post a few pics of my cars and other junk, but never really info seaking related.

just as i figure this out, sr20boston takes the gallery offline for a few days. :eek2:

if it does not go back up after i get off work, i'll use photobuck or image-whichamacallit.

the calipers are 94 Maxima SE brakes, well that is what i ordered. who knows what some part monkey down the chain got something confused. one of the e-brake brakets was still on the caliper, i assume because someone could not get it off. that thing was stuck on like a MoFo, but interestinly this bracket is also shaped a bit different than the other two i have and the ones you have.

pics i will get, or we could go in circles for a while.

when i get the brakes installed i'll start a new thread with my findings as i'm sure more people will run into this as more people do it.

·
'93 drifting Egg
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Avshi750 said:
one of the e-brake brakets was still on the caliper, i assume because someone could not get it off. that thing was stuck on like a MoFo, but interestinly this bracket is also shaped a bit different than the other two i have and the ones you have.
Hmmm..... keep me posted.

·
technics professional
2,184 Posts
now that the gallery is open again...

you can see the ebrake assembly is "clocked" about 70* toward the under side of the caliper.

a shot from on top for perspective.

as i was taking the pics i noticed the mounting bracket is about 1/4 inch taller. as long as this fits, i don't mind the caliper looking taller or "bigger" inside the wheels.

·
El Rey de los Chingones
301 Posts
FWIW I just got my ABS Altima M/C from Nopi today and I couldn't be happier. Mostly because my stock B13 unit is Nabco and according to Nissanegg's trials, the Tokico from NOPI couldn't use the PV's off my OEM. So how happy was I when I opened the Tokico box and found a brand new Nabco unit!! I have no idea why, but at a time when my engine appears to be eating coolant, I'll take any silver lining I can get. Btw, it did not come with the PV's. Fortunately, I have some...

·
'93 drifting Egg
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Houston91SER said:
Can I use the calipers off a 91-92 Maxima?
Yeah, but you will not be able to use your E-brake because the way they hook up to the cables are different than the 93-94's.

·
Yes Dear.
2,503 Posts
Avshi750 said:
now that the gallery is open again...
those i got aswell, and they fit perfectly. The only issue is the Parking brake cable.. you will need to widen the mounting hole as the maximas are much thinner and the cable for the b13 is thicker..

I used the 95 M/C and I used my stock PV. Im thinking of buying an after market PV so that I can adjust it slightly.. I love how it has less anti dive and brakes inline so much better.. the pedal feels stock and when its stomped it feels like i just hit a brick wall lol..

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Anybody have the part number on the actual JDM NX Mastercylinder? Or is it the same thing as the U13 mc?? I'd figure the MC that was actually designed for the NX2k setup, and big rear brakes would be the best thing to have.

·
'93 drifting Egg
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Houston91SER said:
So I would have to widen the hole on the91 caliper so my e-brake cable wolud fit . Thanks for your help. :biggthump
No. The cables off the 93-94 Maximas are the same as the B13 with a loop on the end of the cable to "hook" onto the lever. The 91-92's cables has a rod on the end of the cable, which their corresponding "hooks" are different. That is why you can't use the 91-92's and still keep your E-brakes.

·
'93 drifting Egg
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 · (Edited)
Salvisol82 said:
Anybody have the part number on the actual JDM NX Mastercylinder?
From what I can tell and researched, the JDM and USDM NX2000 used the same m/c. The only difference was in the size of the rear rotors.

·
Registered
77 Posts
NissanEgg said:
No. The cables off the 93-94 Maximas are the same as the B13 with a loop on the end of the cable to "hook" onto the lever. The 91-92's cables has a rod on the end of the cable, which their corresponding "hooks" are different. That is why you can't use the 91-92's and still keep your E-brakes.
O.K I got now :biggthump

·
'93 drifting Egg
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
I believe the above sequence is a generic for all cars, as is RR, LR, RF, LF. The Mitchell Catalog (what techs use to figure out how to work on certain cars) listed the way I had it, and my buddies '91 FSM has it the same way too. I really don't think it matters in what order it is done, as long as its completely bled. Now as for ABS units, you must follow OEM specs or you will never get all the air out.

41 - 60 of 95 Posts