SR20 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 93 se-r and when u r driving it at bout quarter throttle or less it doesnt do to bad but if u got it quarter throttle and u smash it its like it wants to fall on its face any ideas on what could b the problem... its bone stock and i changed the spark plugs they didnt look to bad... any help is appreciated.........................well i changed the fuel filter today and that didnt change n e thing...i also hooked it up to a fancy diagnostic tool from snap on and at idle which read 700rpm the voltage on the tps read .52 and ect 205,timing (degree BTDC) was 15...MAF(V) 1.63...IAC/AAC 59...Batt(V) 13.64... does that sound like the right specs for a normal operating sr20de

·
SE-R Geek
323 Posts
those numbers look like they're within normal parameters, the only one i'm not familiar with is the IAC/AAC reading.

you probably have a vacuum leak.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I would try to give the AAC a big value. I learned today from a knowledgable friend, but I couldn't confirm because of suspected bad lambda and CAS sensor, car should idle a lot higher, if it doesn't, AAC is bad.

MAF, CAS, are suspects too.

HTH, it's not complete.

Can you post logfiles?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Did the scanner show the EGR opened and closed while driving?

It won't hurt to clean it, it can be very clean and it can be sticky clogged so to say. My engine doesn't come with EGR, but circulating oil or other crap, can hurt emissions and driveability.

·
SE-R Geek
323 Posts
I agree with richardwbb, loosen the Idle Air Control screw a tad. The idle should be at 800rpm.

the IAC screw is found on the passenger side of the intake manifold plenum. it can be turned with a flat head screw driver. turn it counter-clockwise a tiny bit, then check the idle speed. Repeat until you have 800rpm @ idle. the key with this screw is to make very small adjustments.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts