SR20 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
SR20GE P11
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, do any of you guys know if the NX2000/B13upgrade will fit the P10 model G20/91 thru 96, I've heard from another Forum member that they might not fit because of the difference in wheel sizes, but I doubt this is the case. Can anyone confirm this. As I mentioned before I have never known the G20 to be excluded from this possible upgrade. I know some may ask why would I want to make this change? Well, the G20 does handle well with decent stock brakes,But the NX2000 has got them beat in my opinion. SOMEBODY!!!!LET ME KNOW!
THANX!
Nigel
95G20t/AUTO

G

·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by paradyme:
Hey Nigel, the brakes off a NX will not work because the lug pattern on a G20 is different. The stock brakes on a G20 are larger than a stock SER any way. Sentra SER owners want to upgrade to NX brakes because they are larger, so there really would be no point in putting them on a G20. If you are only driving on the street those brakes should be sufficient.
Nigel
95G20t/AUTO[/B]</font>

·
_______
3,640 Posts
Ok..Ok! I don't think anyone has done that particular brake swap on the G. What I do know is the 300ZX brakes will fit on it. I think you have to swap out the spindels and convert to a 5 lug to do it. You should try to E-mail Al Abadilla [email protected] He did the swap on his previously owned G and can probably tell you everything you nedd to know about it.

Mike

[This message has been edited by Mike Gosselin (edited 01-04-2001).]

·
SR20GE P11
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey, you are correct! I did not mean to misquote anyone, but I needed a concrete answer.I E-mailed Mike Kojima, and he 2nd your opinion, mentioning also that the 300zx brake upgrade is an option. I really need a complete brake overhaul and I am now deciding between the P11 upgrade or just replacing or rebuilding the stock set up.
The 300zx upgrade is two involved, drilling extra holes in the rotors and grinding down the caliper's is for the birds. I think it's a enough that I might have to remove my dust shields if I go with a bigger set. I will be doing SS brake lines for sure. also does anyone know what Wildwood set is being used on the SE-R's? Wildwood has maintained by E-mail that they do not make a brake set for SE-R's of any kind. Oh! and do caliper rebuild kits work? or are they easy to do?

Nigel

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Hey, you are correct! I did not mean to misquote anyone, but I needed a concrete answer.</font>
Understandable... No harm done.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I E-mailed Mike Kojima, and he 2nd your opinion, mentioning also that the 300zx brake upgrade is an option. I really need a complete brake overhaul and I am now deciding between the P11 upgrade or just replacing or rebuilding the stock set up.</font>
The P11 upgrade would be a relatively inexpensive option... Especially compared to the G20 SMC brake kit... Mucho $$$. Are your brakes going that bad? I know of a few G20 drivers that road race their cars, and they've maintained the stock brake setup and just used SS brake lines and good pads. That would be an even cheaper alternative. A good pad like the Porterfield R4S or the Axxis Metal Masters, matched with good brake fluid can go a long way.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">The 300zx upgrade is two involved, drilling extra holes in the rotors and grinding down the caliper's is for the birds.</font>
Heh... Hey man... All in the name of innovation!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I think it's a enough that I might have to remove my dust shields if I go with a bigger set.</font>
Nothing that a good Dremel tool wouldn't fix. And I didn't even have a Dremel when I removed my dust shields (pliers with strong hands.)

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I will be doing SS brake lines for sure. also does anyone know what Wildwood set is being used on the SE-R's? Wildwood has maintained by E-mail that they do not make a brake set for SE-R's of any kind. Oh! and do caliper rebuild kits work? or are they easy to do? </font>
Wilwood doesn't make anything specific for the SE-R's. The kit is put together by SMC Products. They use the Wilwood Dynolite(sp?) calipers for the SE-R BABK. Not sure if they use the same type of caliper for the G20 BABK. I say get in contact with Steve Christiansen (SMC owner) and ask him all the questions. He should be able to answer just about all of them. Here's his e-mail and number:

[email protected]
(626)355-3763

As for caliper rebuild kits, yes they work. Your caliper is pretty much like new after using those rebuild kits. However, I have heard it's a pain in the butt to do, and the alternative to that is to purchase rebuild loaded calipers, and just turn in your old calipers for a core.

Andrew Phan
1998 200SX SE-R
hands hurting from typing

[This message has been edited by Subculture (edited 01-06-2001).]

·
SR20GE P11
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
THANX! A MILLION Andrew! For all the info and advice. It has been a struggle trying to find out brake info for the G20, Which is often the case when trying to obtain any info about SE-R that started it all, The Nissan Primera/Infiniti G20. I just got replacement motor mounts from Scottsdale Infiniti in AZ, along with replacement black glossy door handles. I currently have a set of stock chrome handles that were painted black that are starting to bubble(for some unknown reason)This is a set that would normally go on a 95 thru 99 Nissan Sentra or 200sx. I also purchased a strut tower brace for my car at an unheard of price of just $59.95. I hope to get a digital camera soon so I can show pics of my recently nodified G20. I think it's truly unique.

Nigel
95G20t/automatic
Stillen header, intake, JWT Ecu/Cams, 99Infiniti 15inch stock rims, All black.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Hey, do any of you guys know if the NX2000/B13upgrade will fit the P10 model G20/91 thru 96, I've heard from another Forum member that they might not fit because of the difference in wheel sizes, but I doubt this is the case. <snip></font>
Just to correct you, I did not say the brakes wouldn't bolt on because of the difference in wheel sizes. I said that the bolt pattern is different (meaning the stock wheels from both cars won't interchange, regardless of brake size.) As I've stated before, no one that I'm aware of has tried doing the NX2k brakes on a G20, however I have somewhat sufficient evidence (from SE-R.net) as to why they will not work:

1. The aforementioned bolt-pattern being different (4x114.3 on the G20, 4x100 on the NX2000.)

2. The center bore for both cars is different (59.1mm for the NX, 66.1mm for the G20.) That means you couldn't even get the rotor to fit over the hub even if you redrilled it.

3. The caliper would probably not be a direct bolt-on. You would either need a makeshift bracket or drill some more holes on the caliper to bolt it on to the hub. (making a wild assumption on this one)

Like what Mike just mentioned (and what I mentioned in the other forum topic) The 300ZX brakes are known to work for the G20, and one G20 owner has been able to do it (Al Abadilla.) Just to correct Mike, though, he redrilled the rotors to retain the 4x114.3 bolt pattern, and had to go to 16" wheels with the right offset to get it done. You can find more info here:

http://www.conecrazy.com/project-g20/brakes.html

Other options might include the P11 G20 brakes, the U13 and U14 Altima brakes, and the S13 240SX brakes (all the same bolt pattern and center bore, I believe.) Or if you have the money and really want to go all out, you can try the SMC BABK (Big Ass Brake Kit.) For the SE-R, it comes with either an 11.5" or 11.75" Brembo/KVR rotor mated to a 4-piston Wilwood caliper. For the G20, it steps up to a 12.1" rotor.

Andrew Phan
1998 200SX SE-R
stuff, stuff, and stuff... needs better driver

·
Registered
19 Posts
Be careful. The p10 is usually 114 pcd and the nx is 100pcd so one might have to redrill the holes to fit the p10.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts