SR20 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Bitter Old Man
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '94 that I quit driving quit some time ago with the intentions of turning it into a dedicated track car. I removed the interior and almost all of the mastic sound deadening. Until a few months ago, it was sitting inside undisturbed for some ten years.

Are consumables like axles, wheel bearings, brake caliper rebuilds and such still readily available?

I have a Miata that's track-only, so that itch is scratched. My brother and his son also want to do track days, was going to build the Sentra to take load off the Miata.

If I'm going to have trouble with maintenance, I'll just sell the car. It has quit a few mods that would be enticing to someone.

What say y'all? I'd ask on The Dash but Facebook won't allow me to create a new post.

·
Original owner from '94
130 Posts
I have a '91 race car, and also an original-owner '94. Consumables are available, and with the VE and turbo engines still in demand for swaps, most any part can be found with a little searching and/or questions to other owners. I buy most consumables from RockAuto.

The stock Sentra SE-R brakes will be challenged on track - heat buildup even with good pads and fluid, especially on hot days with air temp 90+ degrees. I've done multiple HPDE with my '94, but I also have the bigger front brakes from the NX2000. My '91 race car uses Wilwood Dynalite calipers with 11" rotors, and has no issues.

·
Bitter Old Man
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. The car has a lot of mods, including the AD22 brakes. I was just wondering if axles, brake pads, wheel bearings and such are still readily available.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts