SR20 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 92 b13 det swap, My turbo timer reads voltage it usually reads 13.8,13.9 and heading to work it was reading 11.2 11.1. So when i come out to me car to start it after work its completely dead so we try to jump it and it starts but when we pulled the cables off it died, so i get the car back to my house and take the alternator off and test it and its dead so i change it yesterday and start it up and it reads 11.1 11.0 so i can take it out for while and test drive it and after driving for about 30 mins it starts to go down and finally goes down to 8.6 and i shut it off and test the battery and it's dead so i charge it up and it's still reading 11.0.

I have the optima battery only 2 months old the battery is relocated to the back, I've checked all my connections to see if something is loose but nothing. I don't know what is killing my battery but something is. I'm stumped I really don't want to take it to an electric shop but I don't know what else to do.

·
/// God Speed! ///
1,917 Posts
Pull the cable off again and see if the car goes dead.
Check the wires on your starter.
check the voltage coming out of the starter, find the connection that you made to run the wire to the trunk. If you have voltage there than it is not making it to the rear of the car where the battery is.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts