SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so I got my bar from Toolapcfan (thanks!!) and finally had a chance to install it yesterday. The instructions were easy to understand and had decent pictures for the mechanically inexperienced (like me). The install goes well, it's quite easy - 4 brackets, 2 on each side attach to the rear trailing arms and the bar attaches to the brackets.

One word of warning, the instructions say to loosen the brake cable (a new spacer is provided so that it works with the brackets), but no mension of the abs sensor wire. How I know this is because I start my car and the abs light comes on, yup the the inner most brackets cut into the abs wire - so I had to undo the bar and fix both abs wires then put the bar back on.

For those of you who have the progress rear bar - did any of you run into this issue? Also when torquing to 30lbs (per the instructions) my C-shapped brackets started bending. And to top it all off my passenger side inner bracket (towards the front) hits my 3" exhaust. Any ideas/comments welcome.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Not to get off topic as the first reply, but do you feel a nice improvement in handling? I was considering one of these a while ago.

Justin

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The bar is adjustable depending on it's position. The further towards the front the softer it is. I have mine 2" from the rear beam. I did notice that it felt more stable around turns and seemed to rotate better. There is this one quick right hand turn on the way to work and today I was able to power through the turn without plowing. So yes the car feels a lot more responsive.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Added some pics of the install - for those of you thinking about it - it's a great improvement and I only added the rear bar (front stock). Just be careful about your ABS wires.

BEFORE

PASSENGER SIDE (where my exhaust hits)

PASSENGER SIDE (you can see the clamps bending at 30lbs of torque)

DRIVERS SIDE

AFTER

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Darn, I guess I can't link images from pbase - I thought I use to be able to. Let me try to host them somewhere else

EDIT - fixed em

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Very nice! Congrats on the purchase, maybe just put something inbetween the sway bar and the exhaust to they don't rub and damage both pieces..heat wrap, anything.

Justin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts