SR20 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
vegan straight edge
211 Posts
Not sure if whoever's garage this is going to be done in is heated and insulated but november might be a little cold to be done.

Does anything need to be done to the car before hand to prepare? Is a rear sway bar going to be in the way of the bending? Need to have an alignment done beforehand to make sure everything is straight?

·
Drivin' my life away. . .
409 Posts
Progress or similar rear bars need to come off before hand. There is no time during the "party" to do it. ST rear bars are not in the way. You don't need an alignment before. Steve only works with the rear wheels. If you want to check anything, make sure your wheels run true and the wheel bearings are tight.

·
vegan straight edge
211 Posts
Progress or similar rear bars need to come off before hand. There is no time during the "party" to do it. ST rear bars are not in the way. You don't need an alignment before. Steve only works with the rear wheels. If you want to check anything, make sure your wheels run true and the wheel bearings are tight.
ah, I've got a b15, is the nismo in the way? I'd assume so. Luckily it's a 5 minute job to put on/take off. Seems like it would be.

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/1/2764/3541/6909270169_large.jpg

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Hey guys, I just spoke to Steve and Eric. We are shooting for Nov 14 for the Nashville Beam Bending Party. We've got 9 people who say they are in, but we only have 6 spots available (well... 5 left after me). Steve is crunching the numbers, but his rough guess is that it will cost about $225 per person. eric96ser is kind enough to let Steve stay at his place, so this is much cheaper than the $270 I originally estimated. Once Steve lets me know how much we need to pay up front, I will let all of you know. The first 5 people to pay will get one of the spots, so it is advantageous to pay quickly.

If you are interested in getting this done, but haven't raised your hand yet, let me know!

Thanks

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Hey guys - a quick update. Steve had some personal family issues that he has to tend to before he can give us a quote. I'm still waiting for him to respond. I'll keep you guys updated as I hear back from him.

·
vegan straight edge
211 Posts
I'm NEVER on this forum since I don't have a sr20 car, however if this does happen someone drop me a line.

[email protected]

maybe OP isn't interested anymore, maybe someone should contact 98sr20ve and see if he can still do it. My garage is still open if needed, however i'm around Louisville KY so for the nashville people you all would be driving instead of me driving.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts