SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
/// God Speed! ///
1,917 Posts
nismo200se-r said:
I know a guy with a 2000 V6 stang with exhaust who wants to run for some $ at the strip of course. He has NAWS but the bootle is coming out to run. So what do you all think. Should I go for it?
Easy win

·
The ELITE NX2k Bredren!
5,150 Posts
OK so.....what are your mods???

If you have at least I/H/E and a good clutch eat his monkey ass up!!!

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Johnny wangwang said:
OK so.....what are your mods???

If you have at least I/H/E and a good clutch eat his monkey ass up!!!
Well here they are

Performance=91 intake cam,G20 ecu,HKS super AFR,17*timing,OBX header and str8 thru cat.,2.25 cat.back,HS cai,UR 2-piece,Clutchnet clutch(will install this weekend)

Suspen=GC's (350,300) Tokico HP's,Progress rear bar,Engalls camber bolts,Kuhmo 712's on factorys.

·
Red line chaser
2,040 Posts
That Stang has way too much weight to haul around.
Depending on your mods (if you've got even just a few) I'd say go for it.
I took a V6 with intake, pulley, and a horrible sounding exhaust. I had i/h/e/and JWT ECU. Ripped him pretty good too. He don't wanna see me since I got my S4's and he heard how they idle. ;)

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I eat V6 stangs for breakfast...V6 stangs are like assholes, everybody has one (around here anyways)

·
Registered
214 Posts
i took a stang gt with i/h... had him by a nose

·
Registered
746 Posts
i say break your clutch in first...

·
On Vacation
3,821 Posts
Those stangs are cows. He'll launch on you off the hole (TQ)..but then you should creep up slowly and take the victory!

P.S. 700 post! WooHoo

Manny

·
NEOphile
307 Posts
I was less than a second behind a GT 'Stang in the 1/8 mile... and I was in serious need of tuning... I was running in the mid-10's!!! I've seen guys with mods like yours get in the mid-9's, which is about how fast this 5.0L or 4.6L was going. So you should eat the V6 for breakfast if he puts away the bottle.

·
Registered
547 Posts
WickedSR20 said:
That Stang has way too much weight to haul around.
Depending on your mods (if you've got even just a few) I'd say go for it.
I took a V6 with intake, pulley, and a horrible sounding exhaust. I had i/h/e/and JWT ECU. Ripped him pretty good too. He don't wanna see me since I got my S4's and he heard how they idle. ;)
Did u have to have ur JWT ECU reprogrammed for the s4's?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts