3,916 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Beware....THE BEAR!!
1,730 Posts
just be thankful that you weren't an audiophile before you got into performance. I added about 70lbs of sound deadener to my car...so i have a **** load to remove

·
1/4 MILLION MILES STRONG!
407 Posts
I have thought of removing this aswell but i removed just my seats once and heard all kinds of new things. (pebbles flying off my tires and hiting the bottom of the car) would be one. Then there was even more tire noise. I dont sugest doing it if it is your daily driver other wise when you go to pick up that hot date she will ask what is all that noise. But I also noticed the extra weight removed made the car a little quicker. So do what you gotta do. Just some food for thought.

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
When I have a bike in my car, well the back seat is folded, so I can hear so much more noise. I was just surprised how well the back seat shields all that sound.

Maybe a piece of plywood would kill the sound, if you remove the back seat, but then again it might be just as heavy...

·
Rebuilding
3,916 Posts
When I have a bike in my car, well the back seat is folded, so I can hear so much more noise. I was just surprised how well the back seat shields all that sound.

Maybe a piece of plywood would kill the sound, if you remove the back seat, but then again it might be just as heavy...
I took my back seats out for a few days to see what it was like, and i said F-that.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've removed and unbolted everything except the floor carpet thus far, and have 117 lbs. out of it :D It's bare metal except the inner door plastic liners (it's just poly, and helps keep it weatherproof). As for noise- who cares? It's a toy.
Next up- the floor carpet and sunroof (& motor& frame).
My goal is to get my bodyweight out of it (~175 lbs).
After that, a CF hood and lighter seats and she should be ready to rock!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts