SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
No lookin back now!
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just about done with puttin an engine and tranny into a shell I bought, but I'm having one problem. When it's cold, the car does not want to start. I have to crank it over for a long time, it will try to fire, and finally about the 3rd or 4th time of it almost firing, it will stay running, but it will chug and idle bad like it has cams in it for about 20 seconds, then it will steady off and be fine. When it's warm, it has no problem starting or idling. I am getting 2 codes....crank sensor, cause it's not hooked up, and code 21, ignition signal in the primary circuit is not entered during engine cranking or running. I searched for this, and people seem to think the power transistor, but mine is in the distributor. Would that cause the hard starting and idle issue when it's cold but not warm? Also, I've already tried a different IACV valve, with the same results.

·
No lookin back now!
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just figured I'd let everyone know I fixed it. My harness was missing the ignition resistor that's taped to it, put a new one in, and everything is running great. Just lettin others know who have this problem to check that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts